Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

How do you purchase garages?  ????

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on April 25, 2015, 08:45:43 AM
How do you purchase garages?  ????

You need to advance the story a bit, PZ. You'll get a notification when they're available plus they'll be visible on your map.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks AB and GKID  :-X ^-^

I'm still at less than 10% completion

Binnatics

Good quality tips guys! I should dig into this impound thing indeed. I think it won't w@&k when replaying a mission, because the game safes before you drop into it, and puts you back in action where you left, after you completed (or failed) the mission again. Seemingly only saving the statistics of your new attempt. So the whole concept of saving special mission cars got to wait until my next playthrough I guess ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

true, you can't keep money or anything but updated statistics when doing those replays.

PZ, the story alone is roughly 50% of the completion as far as I know so your 10% don't tell too much as they could basically just as well mean that you haven't done anything but side missions and collectibles.. :) However, you'll get your garages eventually as long as you progress the story a little further.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

They said it would be best not to spend money before doing Lester's jobs and to do those only after the main mission so you would have some substantial funding. Well.. they were right.  :-D

This was only after the first of Lester's assassination jobs :-D Looking forward to doing more brokering.

[smg id=7887 type=preview align=center caption="First of Lester's Assassinations"]

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

This is after the bus assassination. Still one assassination to go..

YES! I did it! When the game came out 1.5 years ago I so badly wanted to check out the stock market and I've always wanted to try to crack the billion dollar mark (without cheating) and I just did it! :-()

Now I actually have to be careful not to pop the game. There is a limit as to how much it can handle.. if I doubled my money, which is possible right now, I would hit the limit of the programming. Darn..  :-D I'll go on with Trevor who's got the least amount of money so far, only just over 800M..  :-()

Oh, I think the solution is to buy ALL properties NOW so I have less spare money to invest in shares.  :laugh:

Err, the tip.. in the tips topic here.. ahem.. "be patient, save your money, invest in shares." :-D

[smg id=7888 type=preview align=center caption="Billion Dollar"]

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

Art Blade

??? :-D
[smg id=7889 type=preview align=center caption="golf club is peanuts"]

PZ

OWGKID

LEGACY

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Art Blade

Two tips:

Regarding heist missions that require an escape that is not scripted:

best do a practice run to find a good getaway route before you have to get away  :-()

the other tip:

Sometimes you're about to get busted by the cops. They WILL take away ALL your ammo and armour. Depending on how much you're carrying, particularly when you've advanced in the story, you will find it easier to waste yourself -- just equip a hand grenade and blow yourself to smithereens. It will only cost the hospital bill (maximum charge is $5,000) and saves you the time to go to an Ammunation store and to replenish your stuff and likely it will be less expensive to pay the hospital than having to pay for all the ammo and explosives and stuff. :-D

Stiku

How can anybody get busted in this game?!?
Evading is too easy, way too easy, just get rid off the cops and then park your a$$ to the next out of sight slot and your done.

Art Blade

Want to duplicate a car? :)

* Drive your car into Franklin's first garage (at aunt D's)
* get another car or hail a cab, drive to the impound lot
* retrieve an identical copy of the car you just parked in your garage at aunt D's (which is still parked there)

Works with stolen and bought cars. :-D

Art Blade

I believe that you can duplicate your cars with any of the personal (house) garages with any character. It would explain why I have kept finding rare vehicles in the impound lot that I knew I had stashed away in one of my garages. It probably even works with cars parked in those $30k garages.

Maybe you can post here if you found out something about it. :)

Art Blade

Doesn't always seem to w@&k. I had Michael buy a car (JB 700) and it couldn't be duplicated. Then I gave* it to Franklin so he could duplicate it with aunt D's garage but that didn't w@&k either.

* Switch cars / owners:

I had Michael drive the JB 700 to the impound lot and then switched to Franklin and had him hail a cab and skipped the sight-seeing so I could fast-travel to the impound lot. There I had Michael get out of the car and walk away a little so he wouldn't immediately try to get back in and then I switched to Franklin and quickly got into the JB 700.

You might want to switch between both characters every few seconds so the one you're not controlling doesn't move away -- if he does, lead him back. Also, switch between them if they try to get into the car they're not supposed to.

PZ

Binnatics

Wonder why this topic wasn't yet pinned. Well, it is now ^-^

Good tips Art! Again ^-^ +1 for all your research :-X

Stiku, I think I've never been busted so far, usually the cops kill me if I fail to get away.  :-D

Art Blade

Thank you  :)

:-D @ Binnatics's comment
I got busted very early in the game and ever since have tried to avoid that. There are locations you can't just hide or get away, particularly when in the open countryside and/or on foot. With a wanted level of more than one star I always got killed when I couldn't get away but I much rather pull the pin of a hand grenade and cook it while running towards the cops :-D

Stiku

Quote from: Binnatics on April 29, 2015, 12:25:27 PM
Wonder why this topic wasn't yet pinned. Well, it is now ^-^

Good tips Art! Again ^-^ +1 for all your research :-X

Stiku, I think I've never been busted so far, usually the cops kill me if I fail to get away.  :-D

That's the only way to go, either escape or let them shoot you.

Tags:
🡱 🡳