Petition for PC version has over 500,000 sigs

Started by durian, September 25, 2013, 12:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durian

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Binnatics

I just did!!!! ^-^

And a thick fat kudo for your effort in pointing it out for us!! +1 :-X :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

durian

Thanks Bin. Judging by how much you want a PC version, I know you did  ;D

I think the petition will surpass 1 mill sigs in no time

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Art Blade

Thanks for pointing that petition out to us, durian  :) And PZ, for easy access.  :-()

Although I want, no, WANT that game to be released for the PC, I won't sign that petition. I don't hand out that sort of data they want me to fill in, anywhere on the net. I already stated that I expected a PC release anyway due to the huge success of the console release and come on, it's not that Rockstar completely forgot the fact that there are people playing games on their PCs -- and what do you think they developed that game on?  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

just by the way, I think I found a nice official "docking station" for us

QuoteIf you have other questions for us, please direct them to mouthoff@rockstargames.com where we're always happy to have a look.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

I have been thinking about the delay. I believe Rockstar is actually being clever doing what they do for various reasons. You already know or can think of the usual stuff but I want to point out one that hasn't been focused on, the massive online gaming.

Rockstar already admitted that they're "buying servers" and all sorts of stuff to fix problems that are so obvious already even before they go online just to make sure it won't start with a massive disaster. Then they are prepared to keep fixing whatever may come up in order to give their customers a nice experience rather than a feeling of being ignored and abandoned. It is important to understand that we're talking about consoles only, right now. Imagine the potential mess they'd be in if they had to take care of both console and PC gaming independently.. console first, then PC or the other way round, they'd very likely start to annoy customers of the respectively other platform.

With that in mind, I think the PC players will profit from what Rockstar learned fixing the console world's problems so when the PC version comes out, we're likely to get a polished product and that only because Rockstar knows how to focus. Focus on console first, fix it until everything is running as smoothly as possible and only then start to focus on the PC release.

In other words, be patient, it will pay off  :)

Binnatics

I wish it will be like that, but the PC release of GTA IV was different; unless the experience they had with consoles, the PC release was incredibly troublesome. Actually, when recently released ppl spoke so bad about the 'glitchy appearances' in both online as single player gaming, that it was becoming bad publicity for sure.
In the end they fixed all the wrong stuff, and they have been delivering steady online play without lag or other common problems as far as I know, with good and solid MP menus and no fucked up matchmaking issues, they made up for it big time. And they also kept fighting against cheating bastards (man there were so many) like disabling certain achievements when cheats were active, so they did care for their online gaming community.  :-X :)

But the start was far from smooth ::)

Art Blade

I remember that, which was essentially what kept me from buying the game. You were the one who made me play it and by then all problems had been solved so I started out smoothly. What I think is, Rockstar is head and shoulders above the rest of the industry and they will have learned their lessons. Which means, either they come up with a nice PC version or.. none at all  :-D But hey.. no need to be pessimistic.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on September 26, 2013, 02:52:09 PM
... What I think is, Rockstar is head and shoulders above the rest of the industry and they will have learned their lessons...

I think so too - did anyone play online RDR?  If so, how was that experience?

Binnatics

Couldn't tell PZ, it only came out on consoles 8-X
Spoiler
:'( :'(

fragger

Yep, that sucked. I could have really gotten into an open-world Western game for PC. I tried Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, but it was so bloody scripted and so bloody linear that I bloody well gave up on it.

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on September 28, 2013, 02:53:33 AM
Couldn't tell PZ, it only came out on consoles 8-X
Spoiler
:'( :'(
I did not know that. It's a good game and reminds me of GTA V

durian

You guys may want to try Sleeping Dogs, it's a good game and PC version (vanilla) looks very impressive, especially at night during raining.

Art Blade

Binnatics

I was looking forward to the game when it came out, but when it was there, I lost interest. Have read about the game like being a disappointment.  :-\\

Art Blade

by the way, some people digging around in the code of GTAV found directX 11 snippets and other code snippets indicating a possible PC version. Just a rumor, I think it might just as well be a hint that they coded it on a PC. However, I don't think that Rockstar will let us down. They didn't with GTAIV and GTAV is an even bigger success.

durian

Hello Michael  ;D
The petition has just reached nearly 600,000 sigs

Art Blade

Hehe, so people do recognise my new avatar :-D

Cool, 600k is impressive.

durian

Of course people do. I've noticed you're playing 2 games now: FC3 and "waiting for GTV V PC"
Anyways, there is some good news for you guys:

GTAV PC release date and tester leaked PC shots:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/20187/20131002/gta-v-5-pc-release-date-news.htm

Art Blade

Thanks for the news :)

However, I don't believe in gossip or screenshots. How do you think I got my avatar? A screenshot of a video. I could easily open any program in windowed mode and take a screenshot of my desktop and then edit in a screenshot taken from a video on YouTube and then take another screenshot of the edited desktop so it will have consistency. Easy. However. Let's wait and see.. and hope.  :)

PZ

I'm normally a "the glass is half empty" kind of guy, but with this PC release, I've switched to "the glass is half full"

Tags:
🡱 🡳