Graphics and vehicles...

Started by PZ, April 23, 2009, 10:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Those are some seriously nice graohics, space...

I'm getting excited about the game because of the varied terrain.  I love driving in mountains, deserts, and the like - have done lots of 4x4-ing in my day.   :-X

spaceboy

Well you're hitting on what attracted me to the game, the true open world (5,000 sq miles is crazy).  I read that the devs themselves haven't each seen all of the map. 

As for vehicles, the one video shows a wide range (including a hovercraft).  Should be fun.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

What I've seen in one of those vids was an explosion in the background and to me it looked like it was a result of two cars crashing into each other... then again, it could have been a tornado because that was also going on in the background. I wonder if those cars take damage. In RaceDriverGrid they did take damage, but at least you had the options to keep the physics while the appearance only got wrecked. I don't like cars to take damage so you get slower and all, but it's ok if they wreck optically.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

That's a great point Art, I was just thinking say you're crusing around and drive off a steep cliff or something, if you take damage (I'm in FC2 mode of course) you can't get out and car jack another ride from a merc...so either you don't take damage that deteriorates your driving ability, or maybe too much damage results in a new car magically appearing in place of your old one.  I'd like that.  Motorstorm had that where your hood flew off your door could be swinging open and closed as you drive etc.    But too much damage and you explode and get a new version of your vehicle.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

same with Grid. I remember finishing (winning) a race where most of the cars looked shiny new and mine... like freshly out of a scrap press  ;D Like a block of scrap with four wheels attached  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

Quote from: spaceboy on April 23, 2009, 11:48:34 AM
That's a great point Art, I was just thinking say you're crusing around and drive off a steep cliff or something, if you take damage (I'm in FC2 mode of course) you can't get out and car jack another ride from a merc...so either you don't take damage that deteriorates your driving ability, or maybe too much damage results in a new car magically appearing in place of your old one.  I'd like that.  Motorstorm had that where your hood flew off your door could be swinging open and closed as you drive etc.    But too much damage and you explode and get a new version of your vehicle.
Well if it's the Farcry 2 of racing.
You take a monkey wrench out of your back pocket and turn the magic fix it bolt a few times and your good to go.
;D
The only racing game I have is Flatout.
Crashing results in parts flying everywhere, fire, etc. You have to finish before your car blows.
Its not a realistic racing game, but damn fun!
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

My only racing game is Gran Turismo 5 Prolog - I even bought a steering wheel for the game, which makes it quite fun to drive - you feel the bumps in the concrete on the edge of the race track.  I wonder if they're ever going to come out with the full-blown version...

Oh well, I think that Fuel might be a good alternative anyway after seeing the video.

Art Blade

I have a Logitech G25 wheel sitting next to my desk (while I play FC2), waiting for FUEL :) Bought it for CodeMaster's grid, now again a CM game... yiiiiihaaaaaa :)  :-X

PZ

Boy that sounds familiar, I know it is a Logitech, and that was claimed to be the official wheel for GT5.  One thing I'd like to find is a good gaming chair that I could attach to the steering wheel/brake/accelerator pedals.

Art Blade

does your wife really need the passenger seat?  ;)

PZ

hahaha, no, my friend... she is irritated enough when I play FC2, let alone starting a new game with more equipment!

Tags:
🡱 🡳