GTA-V: PZ's first impressions

Started by PZ, September 19, 2013, 05:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durian

Quote from: PZ on October 01, 2013, 08:17:26 PM
I noticed that - I was at a train station, and a black guy tried pushing me around.  Naturally I fought back, and then suddenly one after another came running at me.  I finally had to run away myself.

Can you talk with people?  I have not experienced that yet.

Yes you can press the right button on D-pad when approaching the NPC's and you'll hear some basic lines as Art said.

Quote from: Binnatics on October 02, 2013, 05:00:10 AM
^-^

I have been having problems recently with violent drivers in GTA SA. I almost forgot. In GTA IV the other traffic is hardly aggressive, but in the prequel they seriously try to ram you off the road and keep going once you're stumbling on the sidewalk trying to make an escape. Los Santos is a dangerous place ;)

@ Durian: I'm not sure if I get what you meant. Which post did you edit? About the Angelenos?  ????

Yes. Talking about violent drivers, last night I accidentally hit a car and this guy got out of his car, I tried to run away but hit another car, the guy pulled me outta of my car and punched me. I had no choice but fought back, beating the sh*t outta him ;D
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

OK, after durian beat me to it, I had to continue here  :-D

By the way, durian, I even watched people who got hit by the player's car getting out of their ride and shoot at the player  :laugh:

PZ, Now. Controller.

Here, go to 00:00:42 and you can see that his screen doesn't scroll that fast. You should try and make a fake attempt of changing something there so the screen stays. What I'd do if it stayed on "ON FOOT" would be to go into a vehicle and do it again; my guess is that the controller setup screen changes, too.

Grand Theft Auto V Walkthrough PART 1 [PS3] Lets Play Gameplay TRUE-HD QUALITY "GTA 5 Walkthrough"
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

Quote from: Art Blade on October 01, 2013, 04:57:39 PM
Try to chat up some of those muscle-monster women on the beach (weight lifting, weight pushing and all that. they're fenced in together with some bodybuilders) -- you'll get a hell of a beating.  :-D
;D I've just met a woman at the beach, she challenged me to run and I accepted her challenge.

Art Blade

That woman is crazy. Try a shortcut and she'll call that out to you and will complain if you win that you only won because you cut it short  :-D She's the blonde, 39-year-old, no kids, all marathon type of angry all sinew and muscle type, isn't she? Plus horrible voice  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

She cracked me up  ;D I didn't know there was a shortcut  :)

PZ

Thanks for the assist, gents!

Screen flip by a bit too quick for me!  After the first one, which granted stays for a bit longer, they start flipping by at a rapid rate - problem is that by the time I get to the third screen, I've already forgotten the other two and have to start all over.  :-()

I'll appreciate having the manual once the Android app comes out  ^-^

Art Blade

durian, I watched a guy do that challenge a bit uphill away from the beach and he had to take a turn but ran across the green and that crazy woman went completely mental  :laugh:

PZ, damn. There ought to be a controller setup for you, isn't there any paper printout shipped along with the game?

durian

I'll have to replay that mission using the short cut to see how she'd react myself.

Art Blade

it was shortly after the start, they started basically next to a road and were headed downhill (flight of stairs). To get to those stairs you'd have to follow a path, a hairpin corner, but he went across the green and got two or three yards ahead of her. :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 02, 2013, 01:22:42 PM
PZ, damn. There ought to be a controller setup for you, isn't there any paper printout shipped along with the game?

Yeah, but the font is so small I can't see it without glasses, and I can't play the game with glasses (I'm at the in between good and poor eyesight stage of my life  :-())

Yes, I think there is a controller setup as well, but have not dug deeply into the menu system yet - have been having fun just driving around sightseeing.  Even though the map is huge like JC2, and people chase you just like in JC2, I seem to be having more fun exploring the GTA-V map - somehow more appealing to my eyes because of the realistic neighborhoods

Art Blade

PZ.. 8-X Well, I..  8-X no, shush!!  8-X Not going to comment on that.

Ah, sod this.  :-()

I'd use my fricking glasses if I didn't know what's what on my controller. And I can't memorise three layouts at once, either. I'd just learn them step by step and yes, I'd use my glasses for that purpose. They're meant to be used for reading that sort of informative useful yet small stuff, not to be draped handsomely out back on a table on the deck next to a fly swatter and a piece.  :-D

durian

Quote from: Art Blade on October 02, 2013, 12:36:30 PM
OK, after durian beat me to it, I had to continue here  :-D

By the way, durian, I even watched people who got hit by the player's car getting out of their ride and shoot at the player  :laugh:

I got shot by some pedestrians (I assumed they're gangsters) after they got hit

Art Blade

pretty damn sure they're gangsters (unless they're some dentists in protective side arm mode :-() ) That sort of thing happened in GTAIV, too. I remember in particular that area where you start your career, it's a Russian mob area. I loved to call over two of Dwayne's goons for pre-emptive measures and then randomly shoot in the streets. Within seconds a gang war would ensue and man, what fun that was driving and shooting with two gangsters in my car protecting me as long as those Russians didn't kill me  :-D

Art Blade

PZ, my assumption was correct, when you're in a vehicle, the controller setup for the vehicle shows up rather than "on foot" :) Which means, you can read the controller inscriptions on your 60" without glasses  :-()

see 12:03 (very briefly, hit pause) (and yes, this is my 4th different playthrough I'm watching.  :-D )
GTA 5 - Walkthrough Part 29 [1080p HD] - No Commentary - Grand Theft Auto 5 Walkthrough

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 02, 2013, 04:26:41 PM
PZ.. 8-X Well, I..  8-X no, shush!!  8-X Not going to comment on that.

Ah, sod this.  :-()

I'd use my fricking glasses if I didn't know what's what on my controller. And I can't memorise three layouts at once, either. I'd just learn them step by step and yes, I'd use my glasses for that purpose. They're meant to be used for reading that sort of informative useful yet small stuff, not to be draped handsomely out back on a table on the deck next to a fly swatter and a piece.  :-D

:laugh:  When I checked the packaging, there indeed was a controller layout in a short pamphlet - even I can learn from that  :-()

Honestly though, my real fun is in exploring the world and I know that eventually I'll get it - will just take lots of time.  I guess I can call myself a casual gamer, however, as always, I appreciate your invaluable assistance to steer me along the proper path.   ^-^

Art Blade

;D :-() ;D :-D

I only do that because I remember you being surprised by what else could be done with a couple of keys you had been unaware of and how much it improved your gaming experience. With a game like GTAV, I'd love to know that you had all the options available to you early on so you get an even better feel and experience the possibilities of that massive sandbox game. :)

Binnatics

I must say it's funny to see that someone who's not able to play the game knows much more about it than two people playing the game :laugh:

Good w@&k, Art :-X ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on October 03, 2013, 08:48:28 AM
I must say it's funny to see that someone who's not able to play the game knows much more about it than two people playing the game :laugh:

Good w@&k, Art :-X ^-^

:laugh: :-X +1 for that observation, and +1 to Art for being so knowledgeable!

Art Blade

Binnatics

And +1 :-X for you PZ, being our brave Los Santos Pioneer :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Art Blade

PZ or durian, can you try something out for me? get on a bike (with or without engine) and "equip" an empty hand (no weapon) and then "shoot" at anyone nearby. If what I suspect happens, you'll get a nice response :-()

Spoiler
it should cause you to show the middle finger and shower abuse on the one you're pointing at, to which you'll get an appropriate comment or remark in return >:D

durian

Art Blade

cool, can't wait :) Maybe it works in a car, too? ???? :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳