GTA V First Impressions

Started by Binnatics, September 16, 2013, 02:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I heard a guy comment the game today at the radio, as he was given the ability to test the game the last week for promotional purpose around the release this night. He told the listeners he hadn't slept much and was sure there would be a lot of sick employees the upcoming day, err, weeks :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

A misleading title. I thought, whoa, he got so excited that he even got a console just to play this game. Turns out it's first impression by someone else  ;D

A guy said he didn't eat anything last Fruday when he got the chance to play it  ;D
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

I hope the PC release will be at the same time as my holiday.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

My apologies for the new GTA-V topic I started everyone, I didn't notice there was already other posts, you can remove it Art

Art Blade

hehe, don't worry, nexor. By the way, there weren't just only posts, we already have a GTA V board since August 30, 2011 :laugh: time to make an appointment with your local ophthalmologist :-D

PZ

Art Blade

You older guys scare me  :-D

I removed the topic, nexor. All is good  :)

PZ

Maybe not... maybe he'll think he's in the Twilight Zone

nex: [I know I posted that somewhere...:angel: 8-X

Art Blade

durian

GTAV reached $1 billion milestone in just 3 days, a new record in the entertainment industry (It took Avengers 19 days to reach $1 billion)

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-09-20-gta-v-exceeds-USD1-billion-in-only-3-days

Art Blade

well done  :) :-X Quality sells :-D

PZ

Binnatics

:-X :)

Incredible isn't it... they spent $267,- to develop the game, and in only 3 days they almost double the score twice :bow
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Today I watched "Furious 6" (the latest of the Fast&Furious movies) and I was surprised to see a couple of scenes that looked very familiar (I had previously watched a few complete GTAV playthroughs on YT). I don't know who came up with those ideas first, they or Rockstar.  ???? :)

Binnatics

:laugh:

Doesn't matter who came first. The reference is logic in both ways ^-^

Art Blade

Any progress to report, durian and PZ? I'm asking because I've accumulated 117 hours with GTA:SA so far and I started later than you guys so I reckon you should have racked up some 20, 30 or so hours?

PZ

Unfortunately not.  I've not played since the last time I reported because I've not had enough free contiguous time available - I'd rather not even start playing unless I have at least4-5 hours to play.

I didn't think I've even 10 hours in the game yet, primarily because it is only on the console - if it was on the PC then I'd have plenty of time in the evenings

Art Blade

that's sad :( However, you're in good company regarding the PC bit  :)

durian

Hate to say this but the linearity nature of the missions is killing it for me.  :(

Art Blade

agree, the missions are linear. But I think that the space around missions is still OK, and choices regarding heists are ample. What I think about those missions is that despite being linear they're entertaining. Like, orders of magnitude better than FC3's missions which were for blindfolded teenagers slapped silly in dark and narrow corridors. Try to enjoy the story which will unfold more and more and there are loads of entertaining lines and comments to be enjoyed. Imagine, I had tons of fun with those missions that I could only watch on YT (which is 100% linear) while someone else was playing.

Nevertheless, aside from missions, you will have a massive open world for free roaming, cars to customise, properties to buy, recreational activities to enjoy, and lots and lots and lots more. :)

In case you haven't tried yet, find a bicycle and ride around on it. It is my favourite pastime in GTA:SA. :-D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 21, 2013, 02:58:05 PM
In case you haven't tried yet, find a bicycle and ride around on it. It is my favourite pastime in GTA:SA. :-D

Reminds me that one of my funniest moments in the game is flipping people off as I drive by  :laugh:

Art Blade

heh heh heh  >:D knocking people off their bikes is fun from what I've seen. They don't fly very far but the sounds they make are hilarious  :-D

PZ

You know, the anti-video game people are going to say that we're going to become criminals for real, and start murdering people in our neighborhoods  :laugh:

Art Blade

I don't have to worry about those birdbrains any more. My neighbourhood already became extinct.

Tags:
🡱 🡳