GTA V lasts 100 hours

Started by durian, September 07, 2013, 12:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durian

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

I'll do it in 24.

:-D

OK, very unlikely  ^-^ I surpassed 1,000 hours playing GTA IV already so I hope it will be similar with GTA V :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

R* said it's 3 times as big as GTAIV , Red Dead and San Andreas combined so I expect you'll put in around, 2000 hrs in this game  :)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

It should be like San Andreas situated around a city like GTA IV. LA style of course ^-^ :-X

I don't know my exact playing time in GTA IV, but I bet it is over 1000 hours and still going. Too bat they didn't announce anything yet about a PC version :-\\
If needed, I'll get a console to be able to play it >:(
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

durian, long time AWOL.. how's the game?

durian

whatssup Art, sorry for late reply as I hadn't seen your post until today. I'd played it until I'd reached the mission where I had to snipe from a building then I realized that GTA is not for me. And I sold it along with my PS3 since I didn't like to game anymore. It's mostly because I want to focus on self-cultivation (I've ordered a ton of Taoist & chi kung books, most are in English, save one since Nov) and I don't see any games that interest me, at least in the present and the foreseeable future. I often talk about you as well as other guys in my conversations with my family. last night I talked to my brother about your new coffee machine and fragger's new condo.  :)

BTW excuse my ignorance but what does AOWL mean ?  :)

Binnatics

Guess: AWay Off Line?

Something like that. Have mixed feelings about your intention not to game anymore and do self-cultivation. I think it's a wise choice, but I'll miss your input the the games we share(d).
One game sprung to mind though, it's a weird one and will probably not cost much @ steam sale. It's called "Dear Esther" and is probably the only or one of few games that can be combined with your intentions to take time for your personal development. Anyway, it won't distract you from it :-D
Give it a try if you have a spare moment ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

durian

Hi Binn, how you doin' ?

It's a tough decision for me as I also enjoy sharing our opinions about games we play.  :( But I guess we can't find perfection in this world.

Thanks for recommending that game, if I'm correct, it's a weird Japanese game.

Binnatics

weird yes! Japanese, not sure. The environment is British. I think they won a prise for being innovative, or experimental. I checked on steam it still costs 8 euros. Not worth that money if you buy it for gameplay but it's more the experience if you ask me. The digital renaissance of the environmental art 8)

Binnatics

I started a topic about the game and even posted a trailer and some screenies, if you're interested ;)

Dear Esther

Art Blade

AWOL is a military term and an abbreviation for "Absent WithOut Leaving" meaning that you fucked off without telling anyone.  :-D

Shocking, you sold both the game AND the console! But OK, I respect your decision and it's an interesting explanation why you did it. All the best with your self-cultivation  :) :-X

durian

Binn,
I was mistaken it with a Japanese game titled Catherine.
Just watched the trailer, I think that this game is very impressive in terms of visuals as well as designs and atmosphere.  :-X :)

Art, I see  ;D Thank you mate.

As for my so called self-cultivation, it's mostly reading, and I bought chi-kung books just to satisfy my curiosity about various methods (Buddhist, Taoist, medical and martial), although I think chi-kung is beneficial for my mental and physical health but get up everyday in early morning and sit cross-legged is a problem that I can't overcome.  :(

Art Blade

You don't have to sit in the lotus position to read a book my friend. Take it easy and soak up what is best for you, of all those different things. Skip the stuff you're not comfortable with. :)

durian

Art Blade

Art Blade

Quote from: durian on September 07, 2013, 01:44:37 PM
R* said it's 3 times as big as GTAIV , Red Dead and San Andreas combined so I expect you'll put in around, 2000 hrs in this game  :)

Indeed, I already did.. 2,100+ hours :)

Binnatics

:o :-X
I'm halfway there :-()

PZ

OWGKID

LEGACY

Art Blade

you'll be up to speed in no time, son. :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳