Best fruit fly killer ever!!!!

Started by Binnatics, July 29, 2013, 11:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Hi all,

Summertime has come finally to this wet land and oh am  I happy about it! Sun all day and birds singing in the garden all evening long. Those birds have to eat though, and therefore God invented fruit flies. Tiny red, slow, not even a bit annoying flies that like to chill a bit on your overripe fruit. Not a problem at all! For those nice birds in the garden you have to give a small sacrifice every once in a while.
Sure, a small sacrifice, sometimes, no problem. But the combination of weather we had the last few months has made this small sacrifice grow into a devastating swarm of all-eating, brutal, huge Drosophilas, man you wouldn't believe. It's a plague of the highest ranks, and it's getting on my nerves pretty tough!!

Yesterday I was so fed up with these tiny little wankers that I decided to drastically clean the house from top to bottom, just to make sure those pestilence-pricks would stay out of it. Well, I did! :angry-new: I cleaned the dining room, all chairs, table top to bottom, the fridge, the fruit bowls, the kitchen and all its cabinets, the floor, the windows (which had turned into a massive battleground, smeared with sticky fly corpses that took more than just a simple wipe to wash them off ::)) and last but not least I cleaned the dustbin completely. 
Well, that thought them!!!! >:( I thought.... Today my clean windows were full of them again, disappointed for sure not having found anything eatable in my house, but nevertheless they kept coming. I didn't want to go all over the same battle again, especially wanted to keep my windows clean, so I invented a way to destroy those buggers without smearing the entire place with fly-pulp.

In came the Vacuum Cleaner!!!!! Hahaaaaaaaah!!!! >:D I was assured of a clean and simple kill on these annoying creatures without making my hands (and the windows) dirty and I even caught some spiders along the way to make the feast complete >:D >:D >:D

Now all I can hope for is that those buggers don't find the way out, all the way through the tubes and hoses  ::) ::)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

A piece of nylon stocking or square of cloth over the end of the hose secured with a stout rubber band will keep any survivors from reemerging.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

That's worth a try ^-^ Hope my wife won't get pissed for sabotaging her equipment 8) Oops, did I just say her equipment? 8-X >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Art Blade

as soon as you have to do some vacuum cleaning it isn't hers alone. But when she sees flies crawling out of it and hears the story behind it, it will be hers again which you will have to tidy up.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

fragger

I'd hate to see the inside of that vacuum cleaner bag :-\\

Art Blade

I suppose with Nexor's homemade mustard I could eat about anything.

Binnatics

Art Blade

meaning you want those flies for yourself?

PZ

Binnatics

I've had them for breakfast ::) ^-^

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳