OFP1: Cold war crisis (vids)

Started by JRD, April 23, 2009, 08:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Here is a video of the original OFP - cold war crisis gameplay. I thought it would be fun to see graphics of the 2001 OFP and the one we are about to see

[smg id=144 type=av]

You are just a soldier in that mission and can hear your platoon leader issuing orders. As you progress in the game, you'll be the platoon leader.
Enemies are always far from you, except in some odd situations where you have to go into enemy camps to sabotage missions.
You can switch between 3rd and 1st views anytime during gameplay, on foot or inside any vehicle. Great for flying a Black Hawk or a Cobra ;)
Gameplay should be very similar though, with the same atmosphere of combat

On this other vid you see a complete mission.

[smg id=145 type=av]

You have now a few men at your command and must take an strategical airstrip. But first you must destroy enemy AA in order to call a full airstrike...
That's the kind of adrenalin you can expect from OFP2 (at least thats what I expect).

[smg id=146 type=av]
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

JRD

I found this one as I was searching for some vids of the Cobra and the Black Hawk...
One of the most feared machines in OFP1. Russians often have one of those patrolling the island. You can fly one of those too, but you'll have to steal one  ;)

[smg id=614 type=av]

Art Blade

this vid refuses to run embedded, needed to shell out to source to watch it. heavy stuff though
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I realize those 3 vids (the one here and the others in the vehicles gallery) are from a "military channel"... we don't have this one here in Brazil, but I reckon it may be a twisted Discovery Channel... I think it won't embbed due to copyrights or something.

PZ

Very cool JRD, the anticipation keeps rising!  :)

RedRaven

This Thread is now closed.
But fear not, all the content can still be accessed at

OFP:DR Video Thread

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳