Smoked wild Copper River salmon

Started by PZ, July 10, 2013, 10:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Fired up the Bradley smoker intending to smoke a couple of meats, Copper River salmon, and chicken sausages (both from Costco).  This is only my second foray into using the Bradley.  At first I was concerned that the mixture of sausage and fish would spoil each others flavor, but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that neither took up any flavor from the other.

The meats loaded into the smoker.  I placed aluminum foil under the sausages so they would not drip their juices onto the fish.  As to the fish, I used a homemade rub consisting of smoked paprika, cayenne, thyme, cumin, and brown sugar.
[smg id=6088 align=center width=300]

The finished product took only about 2 hours - I like my fish relatively rare so that it is flaky, but you can clearly see the moisture between the flakes.  Oh, can't forget the wine.
[smg id=6089 align=center width=300]

Here's a closeup - check out the right side of the fish to see the degree of moisture.
[smg id=6090 align=center width=300]

Abletile

My mouth is watering, that looks sooooo tasty! Nice job  :-X
Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

Art Blade

Maybe the fish didn't take up the flavour of the sausages but I believe it took up the looks of them  :-D

Good job, PZ, looks very tasty :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks guys; we ate some of the fish right out of the smoker while it was still hot, and it was really good - just like with my old favorite smoker, the Big Chief (I'll need to post pics of that monstrosity one of these days).

Now it has been in the fridge over night, and today we plan to slice it thin and place it on thin toast wedges with cream cheese, shaved onion, and capers.  Now my mouth is watering just writing about it!

Quote from: Art Blade on July 11, 2013, 10:15:08 AM
Maybe the fish didn't take up the flavour of the sausages but I believe it took up the looks of them  :-D

:laugh:

Tags:
🡱 🡳