silent but deadly

Started by shotyshotter, April 23, 2009, 06:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotyshotter

This game is all about trying to find new ways of playing my normal way of playing farcry2 is just run in all guns blazing and hope for the best.But then i thought why not try something different lets try the silent approch you know middle of the night equiped with the silent mp5, dart rifle and silent makarov 6p9. Its got to be said ive never had so much fun taking as much mercs as i could from safety with the dart rifle then sneaking in and fhinishing the job with the mp5 it just gose to show that there are so many ways that you can play farcry 2 thanks for reading  :-X

JRD

On my first playthrough I used to snipe as many mercs with my Dragunov as I could, blow up any vehicle getting too close with my M79 and walking in to finish the leftovers with my PKM.
Now, although that loadout still my favourite, I'm trying the stealth way like you said... its a lot of fun to put mercs down one by one without being spoted... feels like you are a ghost... and its as deadly as the loud way ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I was always a sniper, and prefer long distance. If I have to go in, stealth is my way. But for the fun of it, or after I've noticed I screwed up, I blow everything up and burn the rest down :)

shotyshotter, I think you only just got started  ;D if you read what everyone else in this forum does in the game, you'll get inspired :)

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

I'm like you shotyshotter, I didn't do much stealth until I was inspired to do so (from PZ).  The times I've done it my heart was racing with adreneline.  Of course, I still like big explosions.  The point you make is good, the game allows for experimentation which is why many of us have probably logged well over 100 hours of gameplay with FC2
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

hundreds of hours spaceboy, hundreds... In fact, I'm afraid to see how how much time I spend.  You hit the nail on the head with your post shotyshotter; the experimentation in the open world environment is one of the main reasons I've stayed with the game for so long, and will continue to do so.

Dweller_Benthos

I did a stealth last night. Actually, didn't have to be all that stealthy - the mercs must have been asleep. The mission where you have to assassinate the teacher at the Polytech. I was first going to go in as usual guns blazing, but made the effort to go back to the weapon shop and get the dart rifle, and put in the gold AK just for grins since I never use it. Ended up not using it this time either. Took a boat to the little beach on the back side of the poly and walked up the hill, into the shack, did the deal with the machete to get the air drop, then shot him with the dart. Didn't even need to do that, could have used the machete I suppose. Then, walked out and darted one guard who was a little close to the exit, walked back to my boat and was on my way down the river.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I like that approach D_B, often I drive to the safe house on the south side of the river and simply swim the short distance to that beach.  Standing on the high ground to the west of the institute is a great place to sucker the mercs in close and then let loose with Molotovs - lots of dry grass there.

Art Blade

I can't help it - when a mission turns out to be that simple (walk in, kill target, walk out) I hesitate... I then turn around and kill everybody else for being stupid enough not to notice me the first time  :-*
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

shotyshotter

thanks for the replys lads good comments and thanks for reading :-X

Foghorn Leghorn

I've noticed that the mercs definitely find you less when it's a combination of at night and having the camo suit.  I usually hear a "Did you see something?" and when I slowly creep into hiding, they comment that "it's nothing" and go back to normal.  Then the silent Makarov goes to w@&k....

JRD

Quote from: Foghorn Leghorn on April 24, 2009, 08:52:36 AM
I've noticed that the mercs definitely find you less when it's a combination of at night and having the camo suit.  I usually hear a "Did you see something?" and when I slowly creep into hiding, they comment that "it's nothing" and go back to normal.  Then the silent Makarov goes to w@&k....

Hey Foghorn Leghorn, another stealth enthusiast.....
I realized that too.. night time plus cammo suit makes you pretty invisible, despite what some people say in other forums about being impossible to be stealth in FC2.
I must say I'm not too fond of stealth... I like the mercs to know who is finishing them ;)
But its very cool to clear a GP without them realizing what is going on an no enemy shots fired
I'm using stealth this time through after PZ's advice and am having a good time....

Dweller_Benthos

"impossible to be stealth" - whoever said that must be a royal clutz. Even before I found the ignore AI cheat, I was following road patrols at a pretty close distance and a lot of the time could sneak up on most mercs without too much hassle. Then I'd do something and they'd turn around with surprise.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Yeah, they don't seem to care what goes on behind them unless it "slaps them on the side of the head".

Art Blade

when I was on my first through and finally bought that promising camo suit, I hoped for complete invisibility. I had read before (I think in that game guide often mention in this forum) that you could hide in "high grass". When I did (around noon, blue sky) and flicked a dart at someone's back, they all went bonkers and started to roam the neighbourhood... one of them steered right at me, circled me, and the famous line "well... look what we got here!" rang in my ears (and a couple ouf merc rounds too). So I thought, splendid, I can't even see I'm wearing it (naked arms, a bit of my same old green shirt showing, being Frank). But after a while I got used to it and knew when it was efficient... very efficient... :)

Art Blade

EEEeeeek! that red is horrid! (had to try it though)

PZ

"Well, look what we got..."

That's my absolute favorite line in the game... not just what is said, but how it is said...

Art Blade

to me it's like my personal alarm clock - let's me shoot up (pun intended) - yet I like it too.

What I like most (not just what is said, but how it is said) is that "WHO? Where WHO is?"  ;D makes me laugh ever since I first heard it

Ricamundo

While i think of it, i should mention that on Infamous, the 6P9 isn't really much use at all. I emptied a clip into a merc who came after me after I offed a suit for one of the cell tower mish's, and he was still standing. my already crappy kill ratio is even worse this playthru.(18%) lol.

I think when it becomes available, i 'll buy a MAC 10 and leave the 6P9 in the shop.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

You just burst my bubble Ricamundo...  :'(

I dearly love my 6P9 and can hardly stand thinking that it won't serve me well once I get up enough nerve to tackle "infamous"...

Art Blade

sounds like he shot everything but the head. Even a merc on hardcore can't headbutt 8 rounds of a 6P9 and still breathe :)

oh, about accuracy... my next 3rd through coming up and on strong, I won't give a flying fart about accuracy. I'll use my MP5 again and whatever strays :)

Foghorn Leghorn

Quote from: Ricamundo on April 28, 2009, 03:36:42 PM
While i think of it, i should mention that on Infamous, the 6P9 isn't really much use at all. I emptied a clip into a merc who came after me after I offed a suit for one of the cell tower mish's, and he was still standing. my already crappy kill ratio is even worse this playthru.(18%) lol.

I think when it becomes available, i 'll buy a MAC 10 and leave the 6P9 in the shop.

Actually, I've found the 6P9 to be my best friend on Infamous.  I'm finding more and more that Stealth is a key component for survivability.  Many times a single headshot can help prolong the invisibility.  Then upclose, I yank out my AK47 - though I'm debating getting some sort of shotgun instead....   :-\

Art Blade

ever tried that MP5? silenced too... as long as you don't care about your accuracy stats, the silent loadout MP5, Dart Rifle and 6P9 is quite a stunner.

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on April 29, 2009, 03:41:31 AM
ever tried that MP5? silenced too... as long as you don't care about your accuracy stats, the silent loadout MP5, Dart Rifle and 6P9 is quite a stunner.

The thing with the MP5, in my opinion, is that once you are spotted and have to go loud, its way too weak due to the silencer device. Therefore I feel like blowing paper balls from a straw against enemies.
I used the same stealth kit a few times but now I use some other assault rifle instead of the MP5

Art Blade

I miss a silencer for my Carl G Rocket Launcher, really.

PZ

Because I can't live without some kind of silent weapon, but still need to survive despite my poor aim, I usually follow these load out schemes.

• AK, 6P9, Dart - my general purpose weapons set that I can use on any mission.
  • Sniper, Uzi or Mac-10, Dart - when I want to create havoc with flammables using the sniper - the Uzi is for rapid lead delivery
  • Any primary, IEDs, Dart - when I want to play with explosives, you know, get a bit creative.
On very rare occasions, I'll use a flame thrower or some kind of rocket launcher instead of the Dart, but I sure do like to soften up an area with the Dart before I go in.

Tags:
🡱 🡳