Metro Last Light

Started by Fiach, May 18, 2013, 02:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Well, I got to play a half hour or so, but got stopped literally in my tracks with a bug.

First impressions, its a very immersive game, the way the previous history and current situation is exposed, is by walking past groups of people and listening into their conversations, sounds naff, but its very well done.

The fucking autosave feature is utter bullshit though.

Heading off on my first mission, I was in a train, just before we got to the save point, I fell through the wall of the train onto the tracks, now I am in an endless loop of getting rundown by the train....cba starting over again today, so I wont get back to it 'til monday.

On saying that and apart from that stupid bug, it does seem like it will be a quality game.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

:-D

I can't imagine that being continually run over by a train would be anyone's idea of a good time :-() It would certainly make me cranky.

Hope that bug is a one-off :)

Art Blade

I heard the game was very linear and a corridor-type of game. I watched a playthrough of the first Metro and thought it looked cool but alas, very repetitive. Good luck with that savegame bug, mate
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

There are open areas afaik in MLL, as regards M 2033, its a really good game, I hated it at the start, but once I got invested in it, I was very impressed, played it, traded it and then bought it again lol :).

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Got to play a bit more last night. So far the story seems very rich, with three factions, Russians, Nazis and The Order (neutral), alot of the story, as I said, is learned from overheard (well voiced) conversations....."every member of the order is worth 5 soviets and the exchange rate for nazis is also quite favourable"....

There is no need to have played the first game (which had a pretty confusing dual ending), here, they go with one ending and stick with and its well explained.

The game can be quite reminiscent of Fallout 3, with the destroyed and decaying cities, above the metro tunnels.

The main things I have done (no spoilers) is leave the metro and go topside, take part in a prison break, explore some tunnels and eventually hit the surface.

I get the impressions the surface areas are pretty small, due to your reliance on filters for your gas masks and their short durability.

The game is very immersive, you even have to wipe rain off your gas mask (which gives a full FPS view, with no mask edges on screen).

There are sections where you can stealth or fight, but, so far, it has been too dark to find the stealth routes easily, only after you have cleared an area and explore it, you will see the different approaches you could have made, so I guess you can store it up for a stealth replay. You have a little blue meter on your watch, when it glows you can be seen, when its dark you are invisible.

The game has a pretty neat shooting mechanic for critical hits that I am liking so far, when you target an enemy the reticle turns red, for critical hits, the reticle goes from a "X" to a sort of "*" starburst thing.

Initially you can carry three weapons, but during the prison break I could only carry one weapon, they ranged from sniper, assault, shotty, pistol and silenced pistol so far.

Some interesting enemies, eg light sensitive ones, that, you need to hold a light on to force them away and make them flip over, so you can shoot their soft stomach area.

Anyway, really enjoying it so far, a good FPS, good story, well voiced characters and immersive maps.

Art Blade

that really sounds nice, well described.  I can almost see it  :)

PZ

Indeed; excellent description  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳