Pizza crust is merely a vehicle...

Started by PZ, May 06, 2013, 11:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

... for anything delicious you can think of.  For example, this last weekend we fired up the oven and created a different pizza:  mashed black beans with smoked paprika, cumin, thyme, cayenne, and three kinds of fresh hot peppers minced finely.  This mixture was spread onto a baked crust, then topped with fresh tomato, which was covered with 4 different cheeses, and then returned to the oven to finish baking until the cheese was bubbly and browned.

The resulting pizza was creamy, savory, spicy, and the crust almost cracker crisp.

Art Blade

oh my goodness.  ??? First I read about your fish tacos and now this!! :'( this is making me HUNGRY!!  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Me too; lunch time here and I don't have anything to look forward to!  Until dinner that is... planning to BBQ chicken legs using a new method.

Art Blade

ah. About that new method.. is it the one that turns big, fresh, juicy steaks into rather small, bone-dry, black-charred lumps that crumble to dust once you touch them? I think I tried it once.. the only thing red about them were those bits still glowing.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:laugh:

I would, unless you smothered the steak bits in cheese  :-()

If I were using steak, I'd likely pre-cook the meat very rare, and then cover it with cheese like I do most of my pizzas. 

... I'm becoming hungry all over again <drool>

Art Blade

Binnatics

Oh man, I fully agree with that statement about pizza crust, and I am so jealous for that pizza oven of yours, that must be the Mercedes under the ovens :-D

And this topic makes me indeed, freaking hungry!!!!
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳