Inside view in the Los Santos kitchen

Started by Binnatics, May 03, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

This article is in Dutch, so for most of you probably not readable, but let me give you some small hints about the content.
Tweakers.net, a well known Dutch game and electronics forum on the net, had the opportunity to come over and have a look at the new game at the Rockstar developing studios. What they discovered there is all sounding so incredibly awesome, that I'm kind of shaking from head to toes right now:
The next GTA will have a tremendous land to discover besides the huge city of Los Santos. There's plenty to do and discover there. Rockstar has copied a lot of Red Dead Redemption components. What there will be found is a gang of motorcycle freaks in the desert, a clan of weirdoes in the woods and even a secret army base somewhere hidden in the wild. And: there's wildlife. I've already heard them speak of sharks and wild cats.
There's three main characters, who will all be part of the single player campaign. So you will get used to all, with their own special abilities.
Rockstar also changed the gameplay: They seem to have stolen a lot from the gameplay components used in Max Payne 3. Even there seems to be Bullet-time function for one of the main characters.
And there will be Heists. Great boss-fight-like missions where all three characters, and sometimes even hired guns, will join forces to e.g. steel a money transport, or rob a bank.b Money seems to have a huge role in this game. There's plenty to buy anyway. From gun or car modifications to garages, safe houses and even airfields!!!!
And there's so much more. Check the article anyway, you'll see some nice videos and screenies anyway, it's worth it.

http://tweakers.net/reviews/3027/1/grand-theft-auto-v-wanted.html

There leaves me only one thing to say:

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy!!!!!!!

Oh, and Art, we should really get Max Payne 3 anytime soon!!!! ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

You can definitely count me in on that, my friend  :-() :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Why would they print an article in a magazine in dutch FFS?????

Probably one of the signs of The Rapture, we're all fucked now :(  :angel:  :laugh:
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

that would be a sign of The Rupture, then  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on May 03, 2013, 06:13:43 PM
that would be a sign of The Rupture, then  :-()

LOL, yep, I guess so  :-X :laugh:
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

JRD

Nice find Binn!  :-X

I just found something too. I posted here... and in English!  8)

Quote from: Binnatics on May 03, 2013, 04:27:51 PM
Oh, and Art, we should really get Max Payne 3 anytime soon!!!! ;)

Well... don't, unless it's in the discount bin and really cheap. It's a boring, repetitive, corridor style, mostly indoors shooter. You will be pulling bullet time on and on for 10 to 12 hours. Seriously!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

yes, we're waiting for a bargain  :) Nevertheless, I don't mind that type of "noir" games with tragic or unpopular lead characters who have a completely screwed-up background. In a way, a massive corridor game like that was Kane&Lynch which was cool.

JRD

I've played the first MP but skipped the second one. Back then it was one of my fav games but again, open world games were just a distant dream (although Operation Flash Point: Cold War Crisis had been release in the same year). But now, after tasting the freedom today's games can deliver, I got fed up quite quickly with MP3... I'm yet to finish my first playthrough.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it when you get it!  :-X

Art Blade

cheers, matey :) and thanks for the info :)

Binnatics

Thanx JRD for the warning. That makes me remind not to hurry too much buying it ;)
But I'm still interested. The bullet-time aspect sounds like fun. I think I could enjoy that for 10 to 12 hours :angel:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

JRD

Don't get me wrong, the game isn't bad... but it isn't a great game either. You basically run forward on bullet time over and over with little diversity. Once you get tired of the effects, you realise that's all the game has to offer.

Binnatics

Well, in that case, It's a good thing they added the best what that game has to offer to GTA V, which is like their crown jewel ^-^

Art Blade

Binnatics

A good steam offer will still make me get the game ;) I'll warn you when there is one

Art Blade

If and when you do, I'll do as well. Alright, nothing has changed, then :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳