Increased legendary drop rates since last update!!!

Started by mmosu, April 07, 2013, 06:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

Since the introduction of Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode and the April 2nd software update, reports have been pouring in that the drop rates for rare and legendary (orange) loot has greatly increased.  I've personally experienced this in recent play - within a 24 hour period I've had a lobbed bonus package grenade mod drop from Boom Bewm, a Volcano sniper rifle drop from the warrior, and a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot shield drop from a chubby varkid in the caustic caverns, and these were all on a playthrough 1 character!
For anyone who doesnt know, these recent DLC/patches introduced a 3rd playthrough called Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode and also introduced the pearlescent weapons class that appeared in the General Knoxx DLC in Borderlands 1. It also corrected multiple bugs that had plagued the game since the last software update. 
It's interesting that the rare and legendary drop rates have now increased to be more like they were in BL1.  In the first game, orange level loot was common in comparison to BL2, and this had not gone unnoticed in the community, with many players irritated with how difficult these were to come by.  I remember in BL1, I had a skullmasher and TWO different combustion hellfires by the end of my first playthrough. In BL2, I didn't even see one single legendary drop until I started True Vault Hunter Mode! And now I see three in one day - my my, how things have changed!
So what do you guys think? Anyone get a bunch of legendaries in their first through, or have your experiences been closer to mine? Is increasing the drop rate a good thing since there is a whole new tier of loot to chase after? I for one like it, because I don't have time for hours and hours of farming to get this stuff!

Art Blade

I haven't tried the game after those updates. I'll definitely have another go at it. When I played through with various characters, only the Vault Hunter mode increased the quality of weapons but still almost none of those drops were orange. Not even the boss battles had orange loot except maybe one or two which on top were crap (an orange mask, great..)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Was there some new DLC released lately with a new character or is it due for release? Havent really been keeping up to date with the game tbh.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

All the latest DLC did was introduce UVHM, increase the level cap to 61, and added the pearlescent weapons.  Krieg the Psycho supposedly becomes available in May (can't wait >:D), and the 4th campaign DLC is supposed to be coming end of June. And then there are the rumors that there is going to be a second DLC season with another set of add on campaigns. Looks like Gearbox is set to roll out a lot more content in other words...

Fiach

Quote from: mmosu on April 08, 2013, 05:28:21 PM
All the latest DLC did was introduce UVHM, increase the level cap to 61, and added the pearlescent weapons.  Krieg the Psycho supposedly becomes available in May (can't wait >:D), and the 4th campaign DLC is supposed to be coming end of June. And then there are the rumors that there is going to be a second DLC season with another set of add on campaigns. Looks like Gearbox is set to roll out a lot more content in other words...

Krieg is who I meant, cheers mate, I'll keep an eye out for that in may :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳