Route to the top of the end of the pipeline

Started by Knightmare, April 02, 2013, 02:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightmare

A while ago, I found a route that takes you to the top of the pipeline in Bowa where it goes into the mountain, heading out of the country.  You can't follow it to there from the lake because of a section of overhanging rock.

You need to first start at the southwest bus stop, and then head east towards the "BBQ pit" area where the diamond case is.  Just to the northwest of the BBQ pit is a place where you can hop up the hilside, and follow a small path around to the area above the safehouse overlooking the ravine that gets flooded when you blow the pipeline.  You often lose visibility here, as the VIS tables appear to not be set up correctly. 

From there it gets much harder, you have to sprint/jump up a few slopes until you get into an area where the trees are only sprites.  Here you need to quicksave frequently, because there are a few places where the ground is not solid and you can fall through.  Eventually you can make your way to the spot overlooking the pipeline's termination.

It might also be possible to get to the area overlooking the prison from this access point.  Once I get to Bowa in my current playthrough, I can upload some screenies of this.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Nice. I never tried getting up there legit, I used cheats:

FC2 Trainer3b

Pipeline part starts about 2:45, and ends with a map hole.

I don't recall trying to get above the prison, probably invisible walls in the way, but I did get beyond the border station at the end of the game. With cheats of course, I don't think there's a way around the invisible walls without them.

FC2 Beyond The Border
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Jim di Griz

Interesting to know that it might be possible to go further upstream of the pipeline.

I've just completed another playthrough and when it came to getting to the pump station, I went through the ravine camp, clearing it out knowing full well that they'd all be back by the time I returned. Thing is, I walked to the pumping staion along the pipeline.

The road patrol must have passed me three times without even seeing me despite my being alongside the road - thus proving that people rarely look up. I almost made it too, got all the way through before being caught in a joint assault from a boat with a grenade launcher and the mortar guy (everyones bane.) As I'm on PS3 my last save was back at the safehouse near TaeMoco so I was a bit miffed.

Next time I liberated the lake safehouse and lured me a boat with grenade launcher - payback time  :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

mandru

An interesting approach Jim coming from the diamond mine for the dynamite and up through the guys at the ravine on the way to the pump house.  I like it.  >:D

Here's a kudo for the attitude of "Why smash them once when I can smash them twice?"
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Jim di Griz

:) well, they were being all smug and stuff...

Thanks for that Mandru.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

I must be a FC2 tragic... I haven't played for the best part of a year yet I can still envisage everything you guys mentioned :-()

It must be well and truly ingrained in my mind!

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed; as I walked down the sidewalk at w@&k today, I suddenly had the urge to open up an instance of FC2 - modded with the silent AS50 of course.  >:D

Tags:
🡱 🡳