Worst Let's Plays

Started by Knightmare, April 02, 2013, 01:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightmare

Here are some embarrassing Let's Plays that highlight how this game punishes stupidity and missing the obvious:
Lets Play: Far Cry2 w/The Polak ep1- The Luck of the Irish
Let's Play Far Cry 2 - Episode 1 - Cabs, Sickness, and Death!

When it starts out with the LPer missing the G3 laying on the floor right outside their hotel room and then rushing out into the street battle with just a pistol, you know things are going to be amusing.

Art Blade

what the.. ??? Oh no, he wouldn't -- oh yes, he actually would. :D  I don't believe this! :'( I almost couldn't watch it any more! :laugh:

Incredible. Thanks muchly for sending me down that horror trip plus extreme stupidity lane  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Oh man. I had a feeling, when things were really bad they might still get worse. They did  ??? :laugh: Just follow those playthroughs on YT, oh.. my..  8-X :D :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Knightmare

Quote from: Art Blade on April 02, 2013, 04:05:00 PM
what the.. ??? Oh no, he wouldn't -- oh yes, he actually would. :D  I don't believe this! :'( I almost couldn't watch it any more! :laugh:

On which video, or both? :laugh: In the first one, the LPer is so ADD he can't even complete the weapon shop tutorial; in the second; it's an enormous train of stupidity all the way to the end.

Art Blade

LOL  :laugh: both, and I followed both for a bit on YT..  ???

And then comes a time, eventually, when you CAN'T STAND IT ANY MORE, FOR REAL!  ??? :D Oh my, some people are SO thick it hurts watching them  ::)

<mumbling to self> now I need to kill something, quickly, I want to shoot something, blow things up, GROAAAR

Knightmare

Just go on a USAS-12 rampage until it finally breaks, or watch some of Major Slack's superb LP.

Art Blade

going to take a look at that Major Slack character in a bit -- which in a way reminds me, there used to be a Knightmare on YT who did excellent playthroughs, I believe JustCause2 was one of them. You're not by any chance related?

Knightmare

Art Blade

OK. Oh, that doesn't mean that I like you less, now  :-()

Knightmare

Art Blade

I jumped to 6:00. fantastic  :-D hypothesising about this being a stealth mission not attacking anyone and then we see "Post Office" which is basically the mother of all mayhem  :-() And then he realises how he cannot do it stealthily.. and in the end even stabs his rescue buddy  :laugh:

Oh dear, oh dear  :-D :-X

PZ

There is something magical about FC2.  I know I'll get back into that game before too long.  :-X

mandru

It was so wrong... All so wrong.

Words fail me.   ???

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Knightmare

And there's also the fact that he starts the mission with an empty MAC-10, an almost empty AK-47, and a PKM that he can't even aim properly.

If you watch some of the previous ones, he even mistakes the weapon shop for Mike's Bar and thinks the weapon seller is Mike.

Art Blade

just reading that already makes me chuckle :laugh: and for some reason Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy as well as Buster Keaton spring to mind. Comedy, a shifted into absurdity portrayal of real life characters.. only this time it's not a comedian who plays a role. He is bloody real  ???

mandru

The next episode in this series shows that he has to go back to the post office a second time to pick up the distributor because without a save point he gets smeared after stabbing his buddy Hakim and has to start the entire mission over.

Then after all of that he drives openly into the Dental Clinic (exactly like he did twice at the post office) and after an unbelievably pointless scuffle never coming anywhere near the subverted mission objective we see the nitrous truck in the distance blow itself up in a fit of deep depression.

Why go to the post office if you're not going to fix the truck?  :D

He goes off the road and hits a tree on a straight stretch of road for freak sake!   No clue, no concept and no talent.

It's like Mr. Bean as a video game instructor.  Dude seriously needs to be slapped, his gamer's license revoked and computer impounded to be humanely put out of its misery.

- mandru

Art Blade

PZ

:laugh:

... a gamer worse than I am!

KingRat

Quote from: PZ on April 05, 2013, 09:39:00 PM
There is something magical about FC2.  I know I'll get back into that game before too long.  :-X

Yep, I finished up Tomb Raider then played some more Skyrim then put FC2 back in to catch up with the achievements I missed because first play was offline.... :)

Knightmare

PZ

mandru

I think you nailed it Art.  Wow!  That was so painful.  ???    ** Please note: It was Knightmare not Art who posted the video and the Dunning-Kruger effect concept.  My apology to follow  :-[  ** 

I'm gonna be nice and refrain from the blistering I was planning.  Simply because the person who made this may accidentally (the same way he drives) make a wrong click and end up here on OWG and come to the conclusion that he actually wants to become a gamer.  I would hate to say something hurtful and spoil the opportunity (because of him developing a resentment) to be of help.  :angel:

Outside of that I'll console myself with fantasies of this dumb sot having his tongue ripped out, stuffed in a dirty gym sock and then him being beat to death with it.  :) 
- mandru

Art Blade

Excellent idea to come up with the Dunning-Kruger effect; with that effect in mind it was actually fun to observe. Otherwise I'd have felt the rather urgent need to forcefully gag that moron with a couple of old juicy socks a dog had chewed and shed on before.

Mandru, I wrote this before I read your reply (matter of not seeing a page wrap) -- funny how we had about the same idea involving socks :-D

mandru

:laugh:  That is funny Art.  :-X

I need to note that it was Knightmare that nailed it with the Dunning-Kruger effect and not as I'd mistakenly attributed this to Art.  I'll blame my error on being in semi-shock from how badly that guy in video was playing and his self inflating confidence that his inane nonstop nattering was something approaching amusing.

My apologies Knightmare.  :bow

While watching that video I actually had to repeatedly fight the urge to grab the mouse and steer the AT back on the road and around obstacles.
- mandru

Art Blade

thought you might have meant to refer to
Quote from: Art Blade on April 06, 2013, 12:34:13 PMfor some reason Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy as well as Buster Keaton spring to mind. Comedy, a shifted into absurdity portrayal of real life characters.. only this time it's not a comedian who plays a role. He is bloody real  ???
which was the last thing I posted worth a comment about nailing it :-D

That vid, man, I was constantly wondering what he was doing with that map open without being able to see the road ahead. Apparently he was driving the green arrow on the map around rather than actually driving his car around in the game environment. And his constant mentioning of "multitasking" -- did he mean reading (lol) the map while steering the car and on top dispensing verbal diarrhoea?

Musing about becoming The best FC2 player in the world finally did take the biscuit  :laugh:

Tags:
🡱 🡳