Trials of the Rakyat

Started by TheStranger, March 13, 2013, 10:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

So I added binnatics, Art and stosh to my friends list and then I had to see that binnatics has very high scores on nearly every Rakyat Trial  :o

I thought: challenge accepted! But binnatics, you have over 2000 points in the first trial (Dashing Assault), the one with the StG in the camp. How did you get so many points? I only get about 500.

But then I tried the one with the RPG, where you have to shoot the trucks and helis. I nearly beat your score binnatics, only 20 points were missing. On another try I suddenly got to over 700 points (300 points was my highscore) and this time helis exploded before I shot them, everywhere explosions and the counter did go up like hell. MUST have been a bug. Sorry binnatics ;)

Art Blade

I had the same bug in some trial which gave me a score of 830 which of course was beyond reach for anyone without that bug. Binnatics had a different bug when he achieved his 2k score. Good old UBI programming, you have to accept that anything is possible  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

But I have to say it was kind of funny, like when the Rakyat did help me blow up my enemies :)

Binnatics

You are right about the bug, TheStranger. My 2000 score is because the enemies suddenly couldn't see and kill me anymore. I could do silent takedowns continuously and the rest of the pirates only noticed dead bodies falling all around >:D
I asked Ubi to reset my scores, but they said they couldn't. They were aware of the bug, but didn't have a solution for it yet. Still, it's quite rare. Didn't find anyone with a similar high score so far. The same thing happened to me in the challenge where you have to fight pirates in the swamp village. My 900 or something is also a but over the top due to the same glitch. The rest is legit though. My highest score on Dashing assault without the bug must have been 850 or something. It's only possible if you remain unseen and perform lots of takedowns. It helps if you (after getting seen) run behind the wooden fence and appear again on the other side.

Good luck beating the scores. I like a challenge ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I briefly checked the new highscores. Impressive, TheStranger.. looks as if you went it, saw, and just like that destroyed Binnatics's highscores. I wonder how long his and my remaining ones will last..
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Hehe yeah I like these Trials ;) For today I have fought enough I think. The highscores were very hard w@&k.

Actullay I'm just training for MP and Co-op ;)

Art Blade

should be interesting to play coop together. You, Abletile, Binnatics and I.. a complete team :)

Binnatics

Looking forward to that, mateys!! I sharpened the scores a bit. That Furious Gun score of yours, Stranger, is very impressive!!!! I like that challenge, but can't even beat my own score tonight :( Will see tomorrow though  ;)

I also checked if the 'transport destruction' glitch kicked in for me too, but nope. I am actually impressed by my own score. Can't even get close to that, although I thought I had a perfect run. Must have been lucky back then :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I think I'm too old for that kind of competition -- I gave it a few runs and that's that. You may continue playing the living daylights out of those trials and have fun but I'm not going to try to keep up with that. I'm still impressed at how much energy you muster to come up with scores like that  :)

TheStranger

Actually I am waiting for a mod, so I didn't want to wander around the islands in the vanilla version anymore.  And I just wanted some quick action. Ziggys mod is coming this friday: http://farcry.nexusmods.com/mods/63/

And yes the Furious Gun is one of my favorite Trial.

edit: Who is Abletile?

Binnatics

Binnatics

Btw, do you guys also have a steam account to which you connect when playing FC3? I'd rather try to communicate through steam, since Uplay doesn't give my full functionality somehow. And in-game it's nice to start a groups chat, if we hook up together. That's absolutely impossible in Uplay, as far as I concern ;)

TheStranger

Yeah sure I have a steam account but I have to start my Far Cry 3 from uplay alone, because I didn't bought it over steam.

Binnatics

Ah, I see. That's quite a workaround for you then.  :-\\

TheStranger

But I can add it to steam so it is no problem - everyone has to start it from uplay nonetheless.

Binnatics

That's right. Would be cool. Then we can communicate much better than through Uplay txt msg

TheStranger

Hmm I wanted to send a PM here in the forum, but everytime I click on a name (user profile) I get an error message.

Art Blade

what error message do you get?

TheStranger

"An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to access this section"

Art Blade

look to the left of any post (where you see the details of the author) and look below the avatar, below those star-shaped "medals." There are a few symbols, one of which is "send a PM" -- just hover your mouse pointer over those icons to get a pop-up text showing you what they mean. That's where you can send a PM :)

TheStranger

Ah thank you - I didn't notice that.

The Trials the trials...now I have managed to beat binnatics in "Lord of The Firepower" (the one in Hoyts Hideout). Man I had beaten your score once but then I died...so I tried again ;)

But here you see how "buggy" FC3 is. You can't move decently over corpses or you can't take steps which are about 10cm (this is very obvious in the various temple layouts). And I have also managed to come to the end of this Trial, had about 15 sec left and no enemy appeared. I had a similar occurance in "Overheated", where you have the single HMG on the bridge. I ran out of enemies.

I also tried to beat binnatics in "Decimate the Barrage" (?), the one with the helis. But I can't get above my highscore. I also tried a few tricks like shooting the 10 sec barrel in the bunker first, but then you loose time because there are enemies already fighting. So I did it during a break when the helis are too far away. Hmmm didn't help, it's even great when I reach my own highscore. I also tried it just with the RPG, but that's too slow and  targets that are too far away are too hard to hit.

Phew this gets kind of tedious. Ah I also got a new highscore on "Furious Gun". That's one of my favorites hehe.  :laugh:

Actually I don't like this kind of hectic gameplay, it's much better to roam in comfort across the lands. I hope Ziggys mod is ready today. Hope I don't forget to change the files before entering multiplayer  :-\\

Binnatics

Looking forward to your scores mate! You definitely push me to the limit there :-X :)

Binnatics

Okay, I got out of the cave, and indeed there were no enemies left. I even had the time to look around. Check out my score ^-^

[smg id=5703]

Art Blade

Whoa.. great score. :)

Some people just can't lose. Funny when two of them compete.  :-D

TheStranger

Oh man and I thought mny score was unbeatable. How did you do that? You must have made a takedown on nearly every enemy and that is nigh-impossible :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳