Euro Truck 2

Started by Hacko, March 06, 2013, 02:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hacko

I posted about this game in the chat box...but I figured it deserves it's own thread in this section. I picked up this game last weekend after reading about it. It is a truck driving simulation that takes place in Europe. I know what your thinking...how fun could a truck driving sim be? It s alot more fun than it sounds....i too had concerns it would be boring, but it's quite fun and addicting.

It has a demo if you want to try it before you buy it.

http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/

PZ

I took a look at the page and found it interesting as well.  While I have not tried it yet, I plan to one of these days, but I have so many others on my plate these days including the new Simcity.

On an aside, I remember an old trucking game on the old Intellivision platform that I really liked.  This one looks fantastic in comparison.

Hacko

I've never played any truck driving game on any platform before I tried this one. Funny thing is, my Father was a truck driver his whole career. :-()

PZ

I've always had a fondness for the big diesels, and am now on my second [wiki]diesel[/wiki] pickup.  One of my boys is a big rig driver and until he took a new job, we regularly saw him on the road when we drove to w@&k.  My favorite movie is [imdb]Duel[/imdb].

nexor

Being an ex trucker myself, I downloaded the demo, been playing it for the past four hours, I'm getting the full version ASAP, thanks Hacko    :-X

[smg id=6277 type=preview align=center caption="eurotrucks2 2013 09 17 02 21 09 72"]

nexor

I think I'm changing my mind, the game has a major glitch, dunno if it's just the demo.  On screen is a damage indicator, when the truck is damaged you need to call for assistance with a message appearing informing you that the truck will be taken to a certain place, cost involved and how long it will take, you agree and the screen goes blank for a moment while the repairs are done, then it comes on again and the truck is supposed to be repaired, sometimes it works sometimes not, the call for repair centre keeps on appearing and the damage indicator still shows the damage.
The only way out is to cancel the "job" which includes a penalty, if you don't have enough funds you cannot cancel the job, so you stuck.  :D

Dweller_Benthos

I've seen a few videos of this on youtube, no one there mentioned the damage problem, does the developer have a forum you can check?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nexor

I haven't looked into it yet

nexor

Sent an email to their support, a day later no response from them, just picked up another glitch, at certain times you are forced to pull off at a resting place for a few hours then you can continue, this time I had to pull off to rest, after the resting period I got back on the road, a short distance from the resting place my route was blocked and had to follow an arrow on a around about way back to the resting place, no matter what I do I'm getting blocked, even rebooting isn't helping   :D

eurotrucks2 2013 around and around

Art Blade

that is outrageous.. reminds me of the one and only game I returned and got my money back because it was so bugged.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Aha, discovered the problem, you need to embark on the ferry, I previously found a similar thing and declined and the game just carried on.  :D
Oh and after disembarking from the ferry you're in another country where they drive on the other side of the road, that I only discovered when I almost had a major collusion with oncoming traffic on "my side" of the road  :D :D

Art Blade

Must have been the French. :-D

Seriously, I saw British and French flags at the resting point where it read "Ferry"
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Sorry you're having problems, but it looks like a cool game.  I love trucks, and one of my favorite games on the Intellivision gaming console was a trucker game.

Binnatics

I don't think truck games are my taste, but I'm sure enjoying your experiences Nex :angel:
Wonder what would happen if you just slammed your 12-tonner into the upcoming traffic >:D >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

I did just that Binn, unintentionally though, I thought I was still in the UK driving on the left side of the road, the truck damage indicator went red. I didn't pay much attention after that and just pressed ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game without saving so I can start over from disembarking the ferry, where the last auto save was.
Oh and I embarked the ferry at Felixstowe and disembarked on the road to Rotterdam

PZ, I found a fair amount of irregularities in the demo, ok the last one where I was driving around in circles was my own doing, I was supposed to embark the ferry and didn't, but the one where I had the unsuccessful vehicle repair problem is in my opinion a definite glitch.

Tags:
🡱 🡳