FC3 Map Editor - Sandy Dreams

Started by Art Blade, February 21, 2013, 05:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Dweller_Benthos

OK, I see the editor in the FC3 folder, about to fire it up. I hope it doesn't suck all my free time away....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

it does mine  :-D

Here the Sandy Dream, populated, un-populating.. by the way, if you place a lot of opponents, they don't recognise one another even if they're bumping into one another. Eventually it will start, however, if slowly, and after a bit all hell breaks loose.
[smg id=5605 type=preview align=center caption="Art's FC3ME b004"]

And here a snapshot of Volcanoes and Dragons..
[smg id=5606 type=preview align=center caption="Art's FC3ME d001"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Did a quick fool around in the editor after looking at Art's map. Tried a few things, here's a quickie test, random terrain generation, but I wanted to try the cave stuff, so I added a cave. Real pain in the neck getting those stalagmites/tites positioned correctly.

http://www.openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=179

The cave mouth is up the hill, not sure where you start from if you just load the map from another computer. But when I load it fresh, the cave starts on the hill behind the player position, up a ways. I really need to forget this editor exists or I'll never get anything else done again.
D_B

Art Blade

:laugh:

cool, going to check it out asap as I too want "to do the cave thing."  :-D

Quote from: Hacko on February 22, 2013, 07:57:04 AMWhere is the cocktail lounge on that island of yours

Found it, it is under "objects -> furniture -> storage and tables -> bar"  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

D_B, I checked out your cave, thanks :)

For some reason it felt like a virtual coloscopy.. which ended by getting out of a Monster's mouth through its teeth  :laugh: :-X

Art Blade

I uploaded another w@&k in progress, a FC3ME map called 

Volcanoes and Dragons

including AI running around. Use the numerous vehicles to race around the volcano while the AI is about to explore and encounter the enemy :)

Have fun. :-D

Art Blade

two more pics of Volcanoes and Dragons  ;)
[smg id=5607 type=preview align=center caption="Art's FC3ME d002"]
[smg id=5608 type=preview align=center caption="Art's FC3ME d003"]

Art Blade

And one more.. "all inclusive"  :-D I wish we could create real SP missions.
[smg id=5609 type=preview align=center caption="Art's FC3ME d004"]

Abletile

Jokes about ducks are not all they're quacked up to be. ;-)

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on February 24, 2013, 07:36:15 AM
D_B, I checked out your cave, thanks :)

For some reason it felt like a virtual coloscopy.. which ended by getting out of a Monster's mouth through its teeth  :laugh: :-X

The mouth at one end was intentional, but I didn't make the "connection" to the "natural" conclusion at the other end, LOL!!!

It sure is fun adding some dangerous animals to your volcano map.
D_B

Art Blade

Thanks, PZ and Able :)

D_B: :-D :-D :-D @ cave map comment

The volcano map comes with (only) three Komodo dragons, I had particularly those in mind when creating it. Kind of a Galapagos type of island. Except for everything else but Komodo dragons, that is  :-() It is always fun to keep adding some more of every faction: pirates, mercs, Rakyats and animals to the mix. The more, the merrier  :-()

Dweller_Benthos

I like putting snakes behind each guy, they have no chance, one strike and they are dead. Too bad we can't get a fight between say dragons and cassowaries, that would be fun, but it seems predators ignore each other.
D_B

Art Blade

yes, on the contrary, they even casually team up!

Hehe, snakes are great. I like to place them between pirates and Rakyat or close to where they are likely to walk around and then watch who gets it first  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳