Do not kill innocent civilians

Started by Dweller_Benthos, February 10, 2013, 06:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Some of you guys have probably racked up a high civilian count, and not kept track. I've only killed three or four that I recall, all accidentally. Well, mostly. I don't mean the armed Rakyat guys, sometimes in a firefight, they pull a stupid stunt like run in front of you or while you're delivering a supply drop, and you come screaming into the drop zone going 240 and, well, you just can't break in time, you know? Luckily you still get paid, lol.

Anyway, it's the civvies that I'm talking about, the average person going about his business and you just happen to cause them fatal injury. It happens. Then you get that message on screen and you feel maybe a little bit of guilt. Well, maybe not.

The first one I offed was some jahmoke walking in the road. I was barreling along and well, those cars don't have the best steering.

The next was some guy who I was helping fix his car. As I was torching away a leopard strolls down the road and attacks. I didn't want to stop fixing the car so when I was done, I whipped around and pulled out my shredder or whatever it's called and blasted. Turns out I got the leopard, but the guy I was fixing the car for got in the way. Bummer is I didn't get paid either.

Third time, and this may have been a double. I came on this traffic jam and needed a car.

[smg id=5543]

So I grabbed a jeep and started to push the little hatchback out of the way. By then the people had milled around and two women were on the side of the road and as I drove by pushing the hatchback out of the way, it kinda squished at least one and maybe both of the women. Ooops. My bad, sorry! and I drove off.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Jim di Griz

If any of the Rakyat get attacked by some beastie, I leave well alone now...unless I see it coming and can get my shots off before it gets too close to its prey. Otherwise the others all tend to take offence and start shooting at me.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

I did feel sorry for the lonely female civilian and I had this modded 1911 which really needed to be inaugurated -- so I shot her bloody brains out.  :-D

[smg id=5544 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2013 02 05 00021"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I've noticed that if you are driving along even if it's at a slow crawl and one of the civilians cross the center line and they or a passenger are killed from the resulting collision we're the ones who get blamed for it.  ???   I'm sure the Rakyat and civilians don't get a warning message "Do Not Kill The Gamers!"  \:/

Also, it seems that the more you wager on one of the races the more likely it is that civilians and Rakyats doing pointless stupid stuff will be stacked directly in the path of the race.  :D   During the 3-2-1 countdown on a race I've had a load of civilians pull up, park nose to nose right in front of my vehicle and then fan out quickly to mill about guaranteeing that I would wing at least one or two of them.

Last night I hit the top of a hill at full tilt in a big bet race driving a Quad-Runner and I came down smack in the middle of a few Rakyat who had been invisible on the other side of the hill until that instant.  They seemed to be having a tea party or some such affair out in the middle of nowhere.  Thanks to that I not only had to white knuckle out the balance of the race trying to beat the clock but had the added complication of well armed and enraged Rakyat coming out of the woodwork trying to stop my clock.  :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳