Next Assassin's Creed Has New Hero, Time Period, Developer

Started by JRD, February 07, 2013, 10:57:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

From IGN

The next Assassin's Creed title will take place in a new time period for the franchise, and stars a new protagonist. Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said the "all-new Assassin's Creed hero, within an all new team and time period" will be "another major leap forward for the franchise" when it releases some time before April 2014.

"It is the benefit of multiple teams working on multiple chapters of the product," Guillemot said, "each getting several years to make their versions of an Assassin's Creed game."

Guillemot did not specify which "new team" is behind the development of the upcoming Assassin's Creed title, or whether it will release on current or future generation platforms.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Maybe they should set the game 10,000 years ago in caves  :-()

Art Blade

..and send some of their programmers and QA guys there, too  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

At some point when Desmond is out of he animus, he talks to Shawn and he says something about  "seting the dial way back to push animus to it's limits" or something along these lines.

I even saw a reviewer mentioning we may see Adam and Eve back when they stole the irst AoE from the first civ.... unlikely I guess, but a cool idea.

The thing is: it seems Connor and the American Revolution wasn't accepted enough to have at least one spin off like AC2 had! The news also points out a new game in 2014 which almost keep up the anual release of an AC game!  :-X

PZ

Well, even though I am excited at a new AC game, I am dreading the thought that they will go even further down the linear road like they did with FC3.

I actually started another play through AC2 a couple of nights ago and It is a breath of fresh air.  I even had a funny glitch where I could hit the guards and they would go on alert, but not fight back.  This was particularly evident in the Bernardo Baroncelli mission.  I hid in the well and when he cam by, I hopped out and did him in with the double blade.  His guards rushed to attack me, but stopped short, seemingly fuming as I casually strolled away  :laugh:

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

PZ

It was funny and lasted for a while - I hired a group of thugs and sent them to attack 4 guards in front of a codex room - they ran over but all bounced around with their Muhammad Ali foot moves but never fought one another.  I casually went in and took the codex page.

JRD

Tags:
🡱 🡳