Pz's next patio tv?

Started by mandru, February 05, 2013, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

???  wow!

kind of reminds me of what new-age "Avengers" would do (Steed and Mrs. Peel of course)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

You and me both, my friend  ;)

... one can always dream  ^-^

fragger

I was looking at the price of these... it seems to vary, but generally around half a million euros (about $687,000 USD) in Europe, or $810,000 USD stateside.

For that price I could go to the movies more than 66,000 times.

For serious film buffs with obscene amounts of money and way too much time on their hands. Otherwise it's a hefty price to pay just to watch Oprah and Dr. Phil ::)

Art Blade

Generally speaking, what a cool prestige project Porsche came up with (allowing a team of designers to run wild) and, let's face it, there are people who will buy that just because they can (and like to show off).
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yeah, after all, you can't take it with you, life is too short, and who wants someone else to reap the fruits of all your hard w@&k.  :-()

mandru

Or let the government vacuum up your life's savings through grave robber taxes but then calling the taxes by that name puts a far worse than deserved bad light on grave robbers.

Here in the U.S. the price of dying has recently jumped to 50% of everything you own and that's before an imitation copper penny goes to your children who are then taxed upon the sums they receive again as if it were income.  >:((

Rant aside I would be interested to know the price of the actual tech involved in this screen.  You know, the costs without the fancy waterproof underground bunker and remote deployment system.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru  on February 06, 2013, 08:53:02 PM50% of everything you own and that's before an imitation copper penny goes to your children who are then taxed upon the sums they receive again as if it were income.

Same here. Only way to avoid that is to donate while you're still alive (several times a comparatively small chunk, if necessary) money or real estate and so forth to those who are supposed to inherit it.

fragger

Or just don't tell anyone you're dead...

Tags:
🡱 🡳