Pirates respawn points in the northern island

Started by JRD, January 08, 2013, 02:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

mandru, the lumberyard you're talking about is the place where you have the tutorial mission on how to disable alarms by shooting at the boxes. I don't remember if that one is a safehouse/fast travel point but I believe it is not.

What I'm pretty sure is that this place gets repopulated after you leave the area. I am 100% sure of that. I know because I did a complete cleanup on several occasions when passing by just to break the boringness in the northern island. From across the river you get to choose the best sniping spot or a place where to practice with the bow and explosive/flame arrows.

Everytime I'm driving a MG truck I pass by my red shirted friends to say hi  >:D

There is indeed another location on the northern island I can't exactly pinpoint, but where I bumped into two or three pirate's jeeps. Not a cleared outpost either... I'll try to check where and report back!  ;)

So here is a quick reference to points where pirates respwn in the north island... X and Ys will be added later!

- Jack's Lumber yard
- Fuel depot (Oliver's rescue mission)
- Pirate's Cove (Sunset Cove)
- Cabo Blanko Fish, near the radio tower to the south of Dr.Erndhardt's mansion
- The waterfall
Or better: the set of buildings (on both sides of the river) you have to fight you way through after emerging from the face of the waterfall because of Vaas' cinder block swimming lesson.

Starting from Broken Neck Home outpost on the Southern most end of the Northern island follow the main road North to the Bear marker on the map (2nd right I think).  I like to park my ride there just off that main road and hike in on foot but instead of following the road that passes near the waterfall and the crock pool there's a river crossing South of the road a short ways (but before the first bend) and a path that leads up a hill side and at the top it ruts you roughly above and behind the buildings on that side of the river.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on January 08, 2013, 02:03:04 PM
Everytime I'm driving a MG truck I pass by my red shirted friends to say hi  >:D

There is indeed another location on the northern island I can't exactly pinpoint, but where I bumped into two or three pirate's jeeps. Not a cleared outpost either... I'll try to check where and report back!  ;)

Good to know these positions because wandering around without anything to kill is like playing SimCity

Art Blade

As far as I remember, the tutorial mission lets you liberate the Amanaki Outpost to the East of Amanaki Town and in my case all three playthroughs it stayed liberated. I'm not sure why we have such different experiences there  ???? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

I'm pretty sure that the first outpost aka the Amanaki outpost which Dennis asks you to liberate in the tutorial is NOT Jack's lumberyard.

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

mandru

I was wrong it's humble pie time for mandru.  :-[

Art and JRD (and now durian who managed to slip in while my mouse was hovering on the post button) are both (all) correct and I extend my apologies.  I went back to the North island and when visiting each and every fast travel point found that as JRD said the place I was talking about wasn't one.  So I started searching places on the map that matched my memory of the lumber yard and eventually found it.  The sniper's overlook tower is at map location X:484.3,Y:679.4 and there were pirates though in reduced numbers present when I revisited it this evening.

The game sent me there otherwise I probably wouldn't have approached so serious of a hot bed as early in my FC3 game career.  I remember now being overwhelmed by the numbers of pirates and size of the location.  It just never occurred to me that there was no Fast Travel Point associated with that location and for me at least turned out to be a tougher take down than the next three or four real outposts.

A trainer/practice location?  Wow, what a let down and here I'd thought I'd done a good job first sweeping it out and second finding a reinfested outpost.  :'( 
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

JRD

I found another pirate infested area in the northern island even after you clear all outposts. It's the fuel depot from where you rescue Oliver by sniping enemies from across the river.

I don't have the game installed in this PC (I'm at w@&k... have to hurry  ::) ) so I can't provide an X-Y position but its between the Amanaki outpost and the Rust yard. Just check the map and you'll see a man made structure.

Pirate infested is almost an euphemism though... some red shirted wussies with regular guns... not chalenging but at least there's something to shoot at  ;D

@mandru... no need to apologise, mate! The fun in that kind of game is to explore and exchange our experiences (well, there's shooting pirates too...  ;D )!  :-X

fragger

Another respawning site on the north island is "Pirate's Cove" (Sunset Cove).

durian

Another place: Cabo Blanko Fish in the North island, near the radio tower to the south of Dr.Erndhardt's mansion.

JRD

(Edited the first message in this thread at split up)

So it seems the north island is not so pirate free after all. I was driving towards one mission in the north when I heard gun shots by the road. There were pirates x leopard x Hakyat on! I only had time to shoot one pirate before everything was over but is was good to see them around in a random site!  8)

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

If it's the same lumber yard, that's where I got eaten by a crocodile trying to sneak up the ramp from the river. I respawned at the radio tower across the river and sniped the red shirts until I ran out of ammo. They just kept coming back. Also watched them fight a tiger or two which was fun.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 11, 2013, 08:37:43 AM
... red shirts ...

I like that name for the pirates; it just kind of "rings" properly.  We could also call the privateers "uniforms" or something like that.  Of course the heavies need some kind of name like "bubba"  :-()

Art Blade

yeah, red shirts is cool. Since Hoyt's mercs use bright yellow in their uniforms, we might call them "yellow-bellies"  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I like "red shirts" too. So, it appears we have a quorum! Pirates shall henceforth be officially known here as red shirts :-()

Reminds me of those red-shirted guys in Star Trek who beam down to a dangerous planet with Kirk, Spock and any other main cast members. As soon as you see those extras in their red shirts you know they're doomed...

Kirk: "Five to beam down, Mr. Scott! Myself, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy, and two expendable red shirts".

You can just imagine those poor sods graduating from the Starfleet Academy:

"No! Not the Red Shirt Division! PLEASE!!! ...Don't you have any openings in Admin?"

Art Blade

:-D

Man, fragger, your new bullet-avatar is brilliant and fits your "fragger" nick just perfectly  :) I take it you created it yourself?

fragger

Thanks muchly Art :) And yes, I did. Robby served me well for quite a while, but I felt it was time to retire the poor old bot. He is fifty-seven, after all :-()

(Crap, he's only four years older than I am! O gawd...)

JRD

"Red shirts" sounds good indeed... reminds of "Red coats" in Assassin's Creed 3, which, by the way, I think I'll play a bit today!

Art Blade

second attempt on the Hoyt mercs: "Yellow jackets" ? :) Once you stir them up they intend to sting and you try to either avoid or swat them..  :-D

PZ

... or maybe go along with the "shirts" theme and call them gray coats  :-()

Art Blade

coat and jacket are clothes, so I thought jacket was going along with the shirts theme  ????

PZ

:laugh:  my knee jerk response was those nasty yellow jackets we have here, which both sting and bite (they are carnivorous and even eat their own).  Their bite is so toxic that when I'm bitten, the effects build for the first couple of days, and then remain as a legacy for the next week - they are really nasty bugs.

Art Blade

heh, I was aware of the meaning so it was an intended pun of sorts  :-()

Dweller_Benthos

Glad everyone liked my red shirt reference, and I was going for the Star Trek tie in as well. It's also a play on the old red vs blue because at least in the beginning game, the Rakyat are blue, pirates are red. You'd think they'd have come up with more creative colors when making the game unless it was intentional.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

durian

I laughed when I read DB and Art references of "red shirt" and "yellow jacket"  :laugh:  :-X

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳