Your favorite games in 2012 ?

Started by durian, January 02, 2013, 01:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durian

I didn't buy too many games that came out last year: I only bought FC3, Sleeping Dogs, Max Payne 3, Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story. FC3 is my 2012 game of the year, and another game I enjoyed was Sleeping Dogs. I really like the hand to hand fighting system in SD, it's varied and satisfying, and it's even better than Arkham City IMHO although it's clearly influenced by that game.

I finished Max Payne 3 but it was disappointing. The shooting was fun at first but it quickly becamse very tedious; and the cutscenes and the loading, Jesus Christ, were long and frequently. If anyone thinks FC3 cutscenes are long, then you've seen nothing. You go into a narrow corridor or small area, bad guys respawn, you shoot all of them in a few minutes, then watch cutscenes, you can't skip them because it's loading during the cutscenes. Then you proceed to another corridor, shoot bad guys in 3 minutes and watch cutscenes ...  and the they were boring as hell.
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I think FC3 was the only game I bought in all of 2012 ????

JRD

I bought FC3, Assassins Creed 3 and Max Payne 3 (Gee... all 3's  ???? )

I havent finished any of those but I am immensely happy with FC3 and AC3... just like you, durian, Max Payne was a big disappointment and it is on hold till I'm fed up with all other good games I'm playing!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Medal of Honor, Warfighter, AC3, and FC3.

I've liked the MoH series ever since Airborne.  I was really looking forward to AC3, but there was one linear chase sequence which disgusted me so much i put the game away weeks ago and have not picked it up since.  I'll likely pick it up again one of these days, probably when I put FC3 away.

I've been waiting for FC3 for a long, long time, and while the main missions disappoint, the rest of the FC3 world is even more than I dared hope for.  I'm very pleased with the game, which will occupy me for a long time, especially because we can mod the PC version.  In fact, that I purchased the game twice - one for the console and one for the PC says it all.  The last time I did this was for FNV and AC2

Jim di Griz

I quite often play games far later than their release, or pick up older games; so in other words when I get around to them. In '12 I played FC2, GT5, Brink, F.E.A.R 2, Birds of Steel, Mini Ninjas, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time and WRC 2 as well as lots and lots of Dead Island.

As for actual games released in '12 I've really enjoyed FC3, WRC 3, Dishonoured and Zombie U which is intesely tough and immersively bloody scary. Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force is proving to be different from the previous titles and quite good also.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Hacko

FC3 and OOTP 13 (Out of the Park Baseball)

fragger

I think FC3 was the only game I bought in 2012, so that must be it :-()

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳