weird glitch

Started by Binnatics, December 27, 2012, 05:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

all you can do is install a mod that makes it available regardless.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

I'm keeping quiet in my little corner, touch wood (says he with his hand firmly on his head) I haven't had any of those    :-D

fragger

A new glitch appeared tonight during the burning of the drug fields mission. I swear I could devote an entire topic to the glitchy stuff that happens with that mission...

This time, I arrived at the "flame-thrower test fields" and accordingly set them alight with the flamer. Then I climbed the ridge to have a go at the "real" fields. Suddenly everything took on a peculiar yellow-green tint and a trippy effect started happening. No matter where I looked, everything in my peripheral view appeared to acquire a kind of double-exposure which was slowly expanding and contracting. I've played FC3 many times now and I've never seen this before.

Suspecting a glitch, I deliberately killed myself to restart the mission, and I was placed back at the start, just outside the plantation. I went in and it seemed that the effect had disappeared - for a while. But then it was back, but it was only happening in certain places and this time there was no yellow-green tint colouring everything. I thought maybe it was a deliberate effect, that I was supposed to be getting stoned from all the burning weed around me, but if so I've never seen it before in any of my many playthroughs.

I tried to capture the effect in the following shots. You can see how there are ghost images of everything around the edges of the view, it's most noticable among the trees, the yellow barrel in the first picture and the fence in the second picture. Imagine those ghost images slowly moving towards the edges of the screen, then back inwards past the original objects towards the middle of the view, then out again, as though being superimposed over the original objects.

[smg id=6188 align=center width=600]

[smg id=6189 align=center width=600]

Has anyone else seen this?

Art Blade

that mission is indeed full of glitches that happened to me, too. I remember having seen those ghost images myself and also my entire screen having a green misty frame.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Cool story fragger.  ^-^

+1 for the screen cap of the mountain doing the hula in the distance.  8)

I'm wondering if the green tint you experienced was a function of the time of day.  Even though you restarted the sequence I think the time doesn't roll back (continuing to march forward) it just starts you out with different initial lighting conditions.

The first two times I burned the drug fields it unintentionally occurred during night time (in the game) so I didn't even notice the optic effects of the squeezing and expanding of Jason's field of vision.  The third time through that sequence however was early morning (game time) with harsh long shadows and the effect was so present that I panicked pausing the game and flipping over to my desk top to see if something was going wrong with my monitor.  :-[

It's too bad that the music from that sequence and the other key mission's audio tracks don't unlock as they're completed and become available channels on the vehicle radios adding some variety to the thin selection of muzak when driving.  :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I saw that too, you're getting stoned from all the burning weed, as you mentioned. I think there's even something said about it at the time. Jason says something like "This is really good stuff" and coughs a bit. That's how I remember it anyway. I think it depends on how long and how close you stand near the burning weed.

Funny though, players are so used to a game being buggy that when something happens that is deliberate, they immediately think it's a glitch.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Binnatics

I do remember the 'stoned' view changing the appearance of the gameworld indeed, when burning the fields. I also have heard the commentary D_B pointed out, I always thought he was commenting the flamethrower instead of the weed though (dull me) although the special effects I did blame on the weed. But greenish, I don't know if that happened to me. What I remember, is that all the colours are getting more saturated, and the lines might indeed blur a bit. But I'm not absolutely sure. Waht I see happening in the screenies looks a bit weird :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

I recall thinking "glitch" too when I was on a hillside and could not keep the cross hairs of my rifle trained upon my mark - actually restarted the mission  :laugh:

fragger

:-D

OK, so it is a deliberate effect. I thought at the time that if it was a glitch, it was an oddly purposeful looking one :-() I guess then the real glitch here is that the program never actually ran that mission properly before ????

Or maybe it has done that in the past but I've been too busy dealing out mayhem that I haven't noticed it, although I'm sure I would have. Hmm...

Anyway, thanks all for clearing that up :)

Art Blade

nexor

farcry3 Remember the merc in the rock in FC2
We all remember the merc-in-the-rock in FC2
nothing worked for this guy, until I emptied the shotgun on him

nexor

[smg id=6205 type=preview align=center caption="farcry3 Pirate in the rock"]

I was hoofing it past on a road above the spot when I heard gunfire, saw two locals fighting it out with two pirates but I could only see one pirate, after sniping him I could still hear the other one firing and cursing, my mini map pointed him out but I couldn't see him, I went down the embankment to where the map pointed out the pirate and that's when I saw the firing coming from inside the rocks.

Art Blade

I just checked the place out. Apparently you had some randomly spawned pirates there and something went wrong :) When I checked, there were "my" randomly spawned pirates executing natives which I had to watch before exploring the area. They did take their own time, the shotty pirate had to reload his mag a couple of times >:D

However, right next to your pirate spot (background centre right in the pic) ends a very nice long zip line, just walk up the hill.

[smg id=6206 type=preview align=center caption="nexor's rock"]

nexor

When I spotted the goings on from the top of the embankment to the right of your picture, these guys were on the grass near those rocks in the back, the pirate I sniped was in the pathway and I thought the reason for not seeing the other one was that he was close to the rocks behind that rock next to the lean-to, that's why I went down there.  So it looks like the pirate stuck in the rocks was a once off occurrence, oh and yep I noticed  the zip line

Binnatics

A rock-solid pirate ^-^ :-X

Good find. We should all visit the place, see if it happens more often :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

I visited the place twice.... first time I forgot to go in a violent situation, so I found my friendly Rakyat soldiers :angry-new:
[smg id=6207]

Second time I did it right. I approached the location by zipline. Indeed a fine line to sneak in. Too bad I didn't have my Deagle equipped:
[smg id=6208]

This was the result; my not-so-solid-as-a-rock-pirates. They were discussing whatever TV show probably, not aware of me. I thought them, heheh >:D
[smg id=6209]

Found something else that can be easily called a glitch imho: I had to update when I started the game (U-play) through steam of course, and after that tried to make some screenshots with F12 (usually the screenshot-key for Steam) Nothing happened.  ???? I pressed shift-tab to get the steam overlay during gameplay; nothing happened :angry-new: I alt-tabbed out and sent a personal msg to ArtBlade, who was currently in-game playing FC3, but he didn't respond >:((
Freaking U-play disabled the entire Steam functionality!!!!! Those bastards!!!!!!!!!!

Art Blade

At that time I was having dinner while the game was still on and I simply didn't see Binnatics's message. But we talked later :)

PZ

Man, that guy is bulletproof.  Good thing his bullets didn't leave the rock.  :-()

mandru

In the canyon mission where you have to get a photo of the conspirators to get in good with Hoyt the bridge crossing that gorge has a privateer at the South end who will sometimes times spawn inside the big concrete abutment.  Dropping a C-4 charge on top of the concrete block or an explosive round from the AMR (signature sniper) easily takes care of him.
- mandru

nexor

And the rocks even lights up while he fires his gun

Art Blade

maybe we could fry eggs on that lit-up spot, too?

fragger

:laugh:

I've often found a RSM at the camp in the small canyon below the radio tower which overlooks the lumberyard (where Vaas stockpiles the munitions with which to attack Amanaki). Three times now I've heard "You're mine, shithead!" and "I'm gonna eat you alive!" and such braggartry, been assailed by detection indicators and seen muzzle flashes coming from inside the rock at the bottom of the canyon's cliff-face. I've tried using grenades, exploding arrows and C4 to dislodge the rock-rooted ratbag and gone through a whole pouchful of syringes in the process but I can never render the clown dead. Eventually I've had to concede defeat and shamefacedly slink away.

And the annoying part is that there have been Rakyat guys wandering around right in front of the RSM who not only don't get shot at but clearly don't give a tinker's cuss about my hassles.

So I shoot them before I slink away >:D

mandru

Quote from: fragger on August 24, 2013, 06:15:52 AM

And the annoying part is that there have been Rakyat guys wandering around right in front of the RSM who not only don't get shot at but clearly don't give a tinker's cuss about my hassles.

So I shoot them before I slink away >:D

Giving them their shots?  I think of it as inoculating them against the ravages of old age.  ;)
- mandru

Art Blade

:-D

When I started with FC3, I felt really bad when I realised I had killed any allies or civilians. Having spent countless hours and days in that world and having been let down and annoyed by Amanaki warriors and civilians, I now feel compelled to help those pirates take out any Amanaki warriors and I have grown to dislike particularly those male civilians who whimper at the lightest of disturbances all the way until I relieve them with a fatal blow. I used to come to help civilians being harassed by pirates but now I seek out those events just to sit back and watch until pirates have achieved total victory over those annoying wimps. Then again, I keep supporting carnivore animals attacking any pirates or mercs; I also keep luring pirates and mercs and, if possible, civilians into the killing zone of carnivores. After taking outposts, I have made it my first and most important duty to throw a pack of C-4 at the arriving Amanaki warriors before they can utter anything, particularly nonsense like "hey you, there's more to do" and "who's da man? Me!" -- And then, having killed pirates and mercs and Amanaki warriors and civilians, I take to any animals in my sight. Clean the place of ..any living thing. Just to get my peace and a quiet place to spend a holiday. >:D

nexor

The only way I could silence the guy in the rocks was by emptying my shotgun on him

Tags:
🡱 🡳