YAY! patch 1.04 customise your screen/HUD

Started by Art Blade, December 20, 2012, 05:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Finally :)

No more bloody reminders the likes of "do the mission you're currently doing"  :-()
This is the options menu before changes. Going to change some now  :-D

[smg id=5042 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 21 00004"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Jim di Griz

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

Me too. Only... I'll have to DL the 1.03 patch as well as this one. There go another couple of hours of my gaming time, as well as another sizable chunk of my DL allocation... ::) That'll be close to a gig's worth of patches within a couple of weeks of the release date. Not good, not good at all.

I wonder if "Objective Reminder" will include those telephone calls... I've noticed that if I save a game after a mission has been offered that begins with a phone call from a character but I haven't actually begun that mission, every time I reload the game I have to listen to the whole phone conversation all over again.

That gets a bit tiresome.

Art Blade

I don't know if that stops.

However :-D I know those calls all too well.. even worse, if you decide to take on a side mission in between, they'll call you again immediately after successfully finishing the side mission  :D :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Cool. For those of you (on PC) not using an update service:

http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/far_cry_3/farcry3_1.04.exe

I hope this means custom controls will w@&k now:

QuoteFixed several issues with customize controls
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

The cloud.  ::)

I am seriously nervous over allowing personal information to be held by services that provide cloud storage.  Were already seeing that stored info being sifted and used to target online advertising for anyone foolish enough to pick the wrong service.  Really the common perception among cloud administrators is one that it's not a disreputable practice.

And for users with limited connectivity it occurred to me games that have to be "Synced to the cloud" could rapidly become "Sunk by the cloud".
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 21, 2012, 04:05:01 AM
I wonder if "Objective Reminder" will include those telephone calls... I've noticed that if I save a game after a mission has been offered that begins with a phone call from a character but I haven't actually begun that mission, every time I reload the game I have to listen to the whole phone conversation all over again.

I totally agree, but because patch v1.04 allows you to do away with the reminders, perhaps the recorded calls will as well.  Only time and experience will tell.

durian

Ditto
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Unfortunately the phone calls persist even though the mission reminders can be toggled off.  :-\\

Jim di Griz

...I wonder if "Objective Reminder" will include those telephone calls... I've noticed that if I save a game after a mission has been offered that begins with a phone call from a character but I haven't actually begun that mission, every time I reload the game I have to listen to the whole phone conversation all over again.

I agree fragger, as AB and durian have found it happens every time I complete a side mission...or 'liberate' an outpost or do anything that involves an aotosave - hell, I think Jason just repeats the message just to annoy me sometimes.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

Turned off mission reminders, those were the biggest pain. I don't mind the ones about new stuff you pick up, those are at least informative, and only happen once each new item.

On thing I'd like to customize is the minimap, I don't want to turn it off, but I'd like to move it closer to the edge of the screen, it's too far out into the main view area.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I'd like the FC2 style back -- whip out your map  :) Or at least, be able to easily toggle it on and off. All HUD elements, actually.

fragger

I too would turn off mission reminders, but I'd like to be able to have it so that I could hit the Tab key or something to make the reminder pop back up. Sometimes after I've spent hours gallivanting around the landscape I find that I've forgotten what it is I'm supposed to be doing story-wise :-[ The mission reminder actually comes in handy then, but I'd like to be able to control just when it appears.

Art Blade

Hit ESC and you'll see the mission reminder in the top left corner of the menu :)

fragger

Ah, that's OK then, cheers :-X :) Never noticed that.

Tags:
🡱 🡳