Useful Outposts

Started by Binnatics, December 15, 2012, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I've started a new playthrough and am now trying to keep as many outposts occupied as possible, but I've realised that I will need some in order to fully upgrade my equipment. I will need e.g. the 'White Belly Tapir' and the rare 'Black Panther' in order to be able to carry more ammo, loot or money and so forth.
We should make a list of interesting outposts to help people choose which ones are neglectable and which ones are required for upgrading your gear.

Post suggestions here, I'll set up a list. :)

Nb. Here's a list-legend:
Red is for Path Of The Hunter quests and thus for special crafting items;
Green is for Wanted Dead quests (needed to unlock one of the skills);
Teal is for Memory Cards and thus for the corresponding Signature Weapon.

Before we even start choosing outposts we get the first 'mission related' outpost and therefore unneglectable called;
Outpost: Amanaki Outpost
Memory card available
Also seems to unlock a Wanted Dead mission.

Here's the list of outposts that are useful for upgrades etc.

Outpost: Cradle Gas
Coordinates: X:625, Y:700
Useful side mission: Path of the hunter; Undying Bear.
Gives you: Last rucksack upgrade

Outpost: Camp Murder
Coordinates: X:747, Y:777
Useful side mission: Path of the hunter; One Horn Buffalo.
Gives you: Last wallet upgrade
Memory card available

Outpost: Valsa Docks <-- let's ignore that. it's now 4 vs 0 for orphan point./Art
Coordinates: X:369, Y:782
Useful side mission: Path of the hunter; Black Panther.
Gives you: Last syringe kit upgrade
alternative: Orphan Point 
Coordinates: X:401, Y:680

Orphan Point: the Quest will be South of Dr. Earnhardt x352, y702
Memory card available
Orphan Point also contains a Wanted Dead mission.

Outpost: Mosquito Yard
Coordinates: X:425, Y:693
Useful side mission: Path of the hunter; Golden Tiger.
Gives you: Last ammunition pouch upgrade
Also contains a Wanted Dead mission.

Outpost: Cliffside Overlook
Coordinates: X:540, Y:683
Useful side mission: Path of the hunter; Blood Komodo Dragon.
Gives you: Last throwable pouch upgrade
Memory card available

Outpost: Rust Yard
Coordinates: X:579, Y:752
Useful side mission: Path of the hunter; White Belly Tapir.
Gives you: Last munitions pouch upgrade
Memory card available

Outpost: AM 12
Coordinates: X:688, Y:786
Useful side mission: Path of the hunter; Yellow Necked Cassowary.
Gives you: Last fuel sling upgrade
Memory card available

Outpost: Kell's Boat Repairs
Coordinates: X:730, Y:638
Useful side mission: Path of the hunter; Maneater Shark.
Gives you: Last arrow quiver upgrade
Memory card available

As you can see you can find 5 memory cards when unlocking these. You'll also find a memory card unlocking the first, "mission related" outpost which makes a total of 6 memory cards.
For 4 additional memory cards, to get the extra signature weapon, you can unlock the following outposts:

Outpost: Old Mines
Coordinates: X:645, Y:744
Memory card available

Outpost: Northview Gas
Coordinates: X:456, Y:626
Memory card available

Outpost: Orphan Point (already mentioned as alternative for Vasla Docks)
Coordinates: X:401, Y:680
Memory card available

Outpost: Welshore Wrecker's House
Coordinates: X:437, Y:794
Memory card available

These Outposts are all on the Northern Island, closest to the game starting area. For better suggestions, add info below ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Excellent :) May I give you a hand:

Extended gear / unique animal skin / location (Path of the Hunter/outpost)

Wallet: One Horn Buffalo / Camp Murder
Rucksack: Undying Bear / Cradle Gas
Syringe Kits: Black Panther / Vasla Docks
Ammunition Pouch: Golden Tiger / Mosquito Yard
Throwable Pouch: Blood Komodo Dragon / Cliffside Overlook
Munitions Pouch: White Belly Tapir / Rust Yard
Fuel Sling: Yellow Necked Cassowary / AM 12
Arrow Quiver: Maneater Shark / Kell's Boat Repairs
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Good w@&k Art, well if you could now help me on giving me the right coordinates, that would just be marvellous ^-^ >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Here you go.  :)

Camp Murder (x:747.0 - y:777.2)
Cradle Gas (x:623.8 - y:701.0)
Vasla Docks (x:369.4 - y:782.2)
Mosquito Yard (x:424.9 - y:692.9)
Cliffside Overlook (x:539.9 - y:682.7)
Rust Yard (x:579.4 - y:752.0)
AM 12 (x:688.0 - y:785.7)
Kell's Boat Repairs (x:729.8 - y:637.7)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

What a great idea!  :-X  Kudos Binnatics and Art

Art Blade

Art Blade

I just filled in the gaps (coordinates)
Binnatics, for the great idea have a kudos +1 from me, too :)  :-X

Binnatics

Thanx friends!

We'll find ways to w@&k around the annoying bits of the game and enjoy it ^-^
I'll dig up the memorycard locations and see if we can get the mem-card-related signature weapon by unlocking the ones we've already listed 8)

And thanx Art for your help. I just wanted to do it right now, fortunately you did it :-X ^-^

fragger

Great idea Binnatics and nice w@&k both Binn and Art, here's a kudo for each of you :-X

That list will come in very handy indeed 8)

fragger

...In fact, I'm going to copy that list, make it into a document, print it out and have it readily at hand :-X

One feature of the game I really like is being able to set a waypoint, and being able to set it anywhere, not just where something happens to be like a loot chest or a relic. You can just plonk it down anywhere, but as an added benefit, if you do use it to mark something like a chest or relic, when you get there it will indicate exactly where the object is, and whether it's below you or above you. Nice idea as some of those relics aren't easy to locate :-X

Binnatics

Indeed, that's what I kept doing when relic-hunting.

Speaking of relics: I just found out that once you get 20 relics AND 6 lost letters, you will have the Bull, the Cannon and the AMR in your shop inventory. U just bought my AMR and am enjoying the Bull already. That makes life a lot easier, even on Warrior difficulty ^-^

Art Blade

fragger

:)

There's one relic NE of Kell's Boat Repairs that's way underwater. Just offshore there's a very deep sinkhole in the floor of the lagoon and the relic is at the bottom. Recommend having the "Deep Dive" skill for it... I think it's getable without the skill, but only if you go straight down, get it first go and come straight back up again, swimming fast all the way, and even then you will start to glub before you reach the surface. And I don't know what the hell it was, but something clawed me while I was down there (I got those red scratch marks showing on the screen). I didn't have time to look around to see what it was.

There's another relic nearby, just off the coast of Kell's, inside a submerged temple ruin. You can actually stand on top of the ruin with the water lapping around your ankles and the sharks can't get to you. There's a few of them swimming around in the lagoon and they seem to respawn quite quickly even if you kill them all.

I also found out the hard way that the stingrays really do sting ???

durian

Quote from: PZ on December 15, 2012, 01:58:17 PM
What a great idea!  :-X  Kudos Binnatics and Art
Indeed, kudos to Binns and Art  :-X
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Binnatics

Thanx Durian!  :)

I know the hole you mean Fragger, it was indeed very deep. I think I had the deep dive perk already, which came in handy. I think I haven't seen a stingray yet, curious for it :)

Speaking of perks; We might spam some about the usefulness of them. There's one perk I won't get again during my second PT and that's the one concerning reloading scoped guns (snipers) while aiming. It prevents you from skipping the scoped vision while reloading (putting a new bullet in your gun, not reloading the magazine) which was awfully annoying imho. I hated it that I couldn't swap back to overview mode between shots, since this perk doesn't fasten the actual reloading time. It is therefore more like a handicap to me than an advantage >:(

Art Blade

cheers, durian :)

Agree about that sniper-reload thingy.. at first I thought you could interrupt that process but whatever you do, it's not as good as without the perk.

fragger

durian

I've just got that skill and I agree it doesn't make reload faster at all.
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

mandru

I like what you've done here Binn starting this thread on useful Outposts.  I'm prepping to jump into the game but noticed in the first location you list:

Outpost: Cradle Gas
Coordinates: X:625, Y:700
Useful side mission: Path of the hunter; Undying Bear.
Gives you: Last rucksack upgrade

While this list is very useful as a focus of bare essential touch points I'm wondering if you could give us a bit of a leg up by suggesting an order of approach.

The reason I ask is that the "Last rucksack upgrade" award doesn't seem to be the most desirable thing to acquire first.  Is there a first rucksack upgrade that needs to be in place before this upgrade can be implemented?  I hope I'm making sense here.  :-\\

Where this is a stickied thread and always in the front of the line up for new people who come to the site looking for tips (or old timers like me lacking a clue on how to get started  :angel: ) would it be possible to have you revisit your first post and modify it by numbering the locations as a suggested "do this one first, second, third and so on.

I'm not asking you to rearrange the order of the locations as you've posted them but I think a "(1)", "(2)", "(3)" and so on highlighted in beige added behind  the first line of each location would add a lot of utility to your already useful list.  Then at the bottom of the post make a foot note that describes the thought behind the modified numbering

It's an open world game and I understand that there's no right or wrong way to unlock discoveries in free roaming okay but I trust your judgment (if you think it's worthwhile) on suggesting an order of approach to these useful outposts.  That or you can just tell me to go to hell  and I'll eventually w@&k through it on my own.  :-D

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

First off, I edited the list because the Black Panther mission is obviously not always bound to the Vasla Docks outpost. When I liberated it, there was a regular quest only (5x deer with sniper) and no replacement. I learned about an alternative which is the Orphan Point outpost that also gives you a memory card (other than Vasla Docks). The strange thing is, however, that the Black Panther quest will not be available on the bulletin board but instead pop up way south of Dr. Earnhardt's mansion. So keep your eyes peeled for the Path of the Hunter Symbol there.

The easiest way to get the Black Panther there is to fast-travel to the Doc's mansion, mark the Quest on your map so you can aim at it when you take the hang glider and sail straight to it :)

Hey mandru  :-() While I'm at it.. hehe :)
As to your question, "Is there a first rucksack upgrade that needs to be in place before this upgrade can be implemented?" the answer is "yes" and I recommend the corresponding topic Hunter's List to you which will tell you how many non-unique (as opposed to this topic) animals of one kind you need for named upgrades.

As to your suggestion to slap up a list in which order to upgrade what.. I can already smell the upcoming comments by others who won't agree with whatever list we came up. But since you ask for help, I recommend the following:

1) Rucksack upgrades as soon as you can because whatever you do will require rucksack space.
2) Weapon Holster for one more slot,
3) more ammunition,
4) one more weapon slot,
5) more ammunition,
6) last weapon slot,
7) Wallet upgrade because the more you loot and sell.. plus you'd be wasting money if the wallet is full (and loot if the rucksack is full which means 'can't sell what I don't pick up')
8 ) all the rest you are interested in.

I upgrade grenades, flamethrower fuel and the likes once I've accomplished the list above or sometimes in between. That is why I came up with the Hunter's List: once you see a couple of boars or goats.. check the list how many you will need in total and what for, then kill what you need  :)

Hope this helps :)

mandru

Indeed.  That was helpful Art.  :-X   I'm just not as anxious to jump into FC3 as I once was.

I've no interest in having the game's quirks and undisclosed highlights kick the snot out of me the way it has so many others of the others in the threads I've read so far.  Admittedly your "Rinse and Repeat" story and fragger's relating his hours spent on the frustrating "Climb down the barrel and throw rocks to avoid the bullet" mission has put me on Full Code Red BS Avoidance Alert.
- mandru

Binnatics

Good to see you've dived into it Mandru. As usual, Art is mowing the grass in front of my feet as I would as well have directed you to his topic about what to skin and skin not.
I would only make the "what first list" a tiny bit simpler: Firtst upgrade holsters, ammo pouch, syringe kit and wallet. Those are essential to surviving. Rucksack would be the next step, and the rest will follow.
My outposts topic was more meant for the ones that desire the final upgrades that are not absolutely necessary but make life easy. It IS nice to have place for 96 items in your rucksack but honestly half of it is enough.  ^-^

Art Blade

Most of the space in my rucksack is filled with herbs and spices  :-D I keep crafting all kinds of syringes out of the stuff in it when I need them and that usually means there are no or not the right leaves around, let alone plucking flowers during a fight isn't the brightest of all ideas.  :-()

mandru

Quote from: Binnatics on December 19, 2012, 09:37:18 AM
Good to see you've dived into it Mandru.

"Dived in" is probably not quite an accurate description of my approach to FC3.  I have to admit that I have fired the game up three times and only gotten as far as the first options menu and being unable to find the difficulty settings shut it all back down again.  :(
- mandru

Art Blade

Mandru, at that point (before starting a career) there is no such option. I guess they didn't want you to do a tutorial on nightmare mode  :-() Once you've started a game, you'll find it under options > gameplay.  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳