FC2 and FC3 map size ?

Started by durian, December 11, 2012, 04:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

durian

I'm wondering which game has bigger world or they have the same size ?
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Not sure, but I think the FC2 world is 50 square km, and the FC3 world is much larger

Art Blade

all I've read indicates that FC3 is huge. Then again, so was JC2.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

PZ is right about FC2's map = 50 square kays (both districts put together). I don't now how big FC3's is, but I'm sure it's significantly bigger than that. I too have read that it is, and it certainly seems to be.

PZ

ditto - I've not seen stats on the absolute size, but it was easy to drive from one end of the map to another in FC2.  The road system seems to be way more extensive in FC3

DKM2

Hmmm, looking at the guide, they have a scale, and it looks like about 7.5 x 7.5 Km including the water.
But it sure feels bigger, maybe the scale of FC2 wasn't as real as we thought.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

Is that for both northern and southern island combined?

DKM2

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

Wow; sure seems like it is much larger when you're moving about

durian

FC2 was huge on paper but in reality, it felt small as there were a lot of invisible walls and we couldn't climb on many mountain whereas in FC3, we can virtually go to anywhere, get on top of any mountain wihthout much trouble. On a side note, it's funny that the mercs in FC2 could sprint just about 20 meters and get tired, vision gets blurry but Jason can sprint infinitely not to mention faster ;D
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

Quote from: durian on December 12, 2012, 05:34:26 PM
FC2 was huge on paper but in reality, it felt small as there were a lot of invisible walls and we couldn't climb on many mountain whereas in FC3, we can virtually go to anywhere, get on top of any mountain wihthout much trouble...

Good observation; I had not thought about that, but that does tend to make the game feel larger.

Tags:
🡱 🡳