FC3 Mod Tools

Started by shelmez, December 11, 2012, 06:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

excellent. Have fun  :)

Oh, and.. any screenshots yet?  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes!  Nothing special, but a few that I took while early in the game.  I've visited with Daisy and am about to do the Medusa mission, but I want to activate all the towers to get more weapons, craft larger pouches, and perhaps open a fast travel stop of two.  I really like the PC version, and am resisting the temptation to mod the thing already  >:D

Art Blade

:-D

It is the first time in ages that I haven't felt the need to cheat or to mod a shooter. Incredible.  :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed; and when I finally do the mods, I know I'll love it.  The first one I'll do is to reactivate the outposts  :)

Art Blade

That seems to be a good idea and I'd like to do that if it doesn't screw up my game.

Art Blade

It took me HOURS to understand what to do exactly and which files to create or to delete and so forth. I had to incorporate the patch 1.04, too. The biggest problem was to find out that you need to extract the fc3_main files, too, and encountering a problem that was unexpected: Gibbed's unpacker crashed. The reason: Obviously he didn't create it for the steam version because in total the path was too long (including all sub-folders) so I had to move the respective folder to the root and then I was able to extract the biggest file. All in all, after extraction, the unpacked data had the size of 5GB. Now I didn't want to pack all the crap into my mod so I had to find out how and what to keep and what to ignore. In the end I created a working mod at the first go. :) Unfortunately I can't just upload it as it has the size of 17MB.

I'll try to do some more but it's so bloody dangerous, risking the only savegame and autosave.. one mistake and ding, there goes your entire playthrough..

PZ

What did you create in your mod?  You also might try to upload anyway because our hosting service has greatly increased our file size limit.

Art Blade

That's good news :)

First I want to get the goddamn range to w@&k. Basically I only changed the MS16 and Z93 properties so I can get them from start and buy upgrades I want for them for $10.

PZ

I think I would like to see a mod with all weapons available from the start at a reasonable price.  Be able to have up to 3 attachments on all of them (within reason), and all skills/crafting available.  Sure, I know... not to challenging, but I want to be able to enter the game as an experienced mercenary, recently on the island after a long stint in Africa.

Art Blade

I thought, hey.. should be fairly easy to mod the range of a sniper, let's do it. Hours later I managed to get my first mod up and running without crash. So far, so good. But it costs so much time.. find things in files that are deep in some folder structure of something that had been packed so it needs unpacking first and after the changes revert all the previously mentioned, you need to pack everything back into a file, rename, delete, move and argh.. this isn't done JUST like that. So I think I won't be doing very much..

PZ

I know what you mean.  if I do modding myself, then I'll likely start with a patch.dat/.fat with most of what I want then then mod from there.

Art Blade

that should be a lot easier indeed.  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳