FC3: Questions

Started by PZ, December 09, 2012, 02:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I use the camera and then just crop out the edges so you don't see the camera elements.  The pics are usually so large anyway that it makes for a perfect crop that has nothing in it except what you want.  Of course, I use Irfanview to crop and then save as a 75% jpg.

Art Blade

Nexor, mandru does the what will w@&k for anyone without any mod. PZ can only do what he does because his camera doesn't have the little squares any more (which in a real camera are used for autofocus) and that is because he is using a mod that had them removed.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Thanks guys, I also have the mod installed but I use Fraps for all the screenshots and video clips, I suppose for the screenshots using one of the methods you guys describe will w@&k but it won't w@&k on the video clips.

Art Blade

welcome and indeed, that will w@&k just for screenshots :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I use Fraps too nex, when I'm in the camera view.  In fact, I use Fraps for any screen capture or video because it is always loaded and my  hand is now trained to quickly use the proper key.

You mentioned that you are using a mod - which one?

Art Blade

^probably the Swartzmod 1.4  ^-^

nexor

Has anyone been able to find all the relics and letters?, I'm on my second play through and attempting to find them all.
Some are very difficult to locate, one such relic is just outside Gaztown at the sharp bend in the road, there is a small drop onto some rocks and from there it's a very long vertical drop to the bottom of the cliff onto another road, I cannot find a cave or spot where the relic could be.

fragger

That's probably the toughest relic to get, nex. There's a kind of niche in the cliff face just under those rocks you mentioned - the relic is in there. The only way I've ever been able to get that one is to mark the relic as a waypoint, take a hang glider from nearby, fly it around to the waypoint and try to land in the niche. It's a tricky manoeuvre which I don't always get right. If you miss it and fall down the cliff and die, you should respawn in Gaztown so you won't have to make up too much lost ground. There are often one or two gliders just to the south-west of Gaztown, but they're not always there. After getting the relic you can base-jump out of the niche and use the wingsuit, parachuting to safety.

Some of the relics are indeed well-hidden. If you want to get them all, I advise buying the maps from the vending machines - these will show you where all relics, crates and letters are for the given area. Some are a long way inside caves. When you reach the area where the map shows one of them is located, zoom in on your map. Cave entrances are represented by small, irregularly-shaped black marks. If one of these is near the relic, that will most likely be the way in to it. Most likely - sometimes it isn't that easy...

Art Blade

nex: yep, I have a 100% playthrough and got them all. As fragger mentioned, it is sometimes quite a challenge but doable. My worst one was hidden in the middle of a waterfall. You know, sort of like 30 feet down, 20 feet up, and 10 feet left and right.. all waterfall. Took me a long time to finally get it.

PZ

You chaps certainly are persistent; I've never had the patience to find all the items in any game I've ever played, even FC2 (still my all time fav)

mandru

PZ your comment reminds me that often but not restricted to places where missions have occurred there are ammo crates including LMG rounds, grenades and flame thrower fuel scattered around that never show up on any map.

One such place is near the ledge across the river from the sewage treatment plant where you rescue Ollie from the pirates most easily comes to mind.

Hmm...
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

I've been playing AC:Brotherhood and JC2 lately, but you guys are having adventures that are rekindling my desire to get back into FC3.  I probably need to start a new game because it has been long enough that I have forgotten all the keyboard/mouse moves, and most of the places I've visited.  :-()

Art Blade

PZ, so it was yesterday you last played FC3, then?

:-()

PZ

:laugh: :-X

No, my memory is not that bad yet!  However, I'm planning to enter FC2 in a few minutes...  >:D

nexor

I will try that one out, thanks fragger

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on June 26, 2013, 08:58:36 PM
:laugh: :-X

No, my memory is not that bad yet!  However, I'm planning to enter FC2 in a few minutes...  >:D

Aha! See, you forgot that you wanted to play FarCry three  :-D

PZ

:laugh: maybe I'm that old after all!

Art Blade

nexor

Guys, I'm trying to find the post about the problem with the wing suite button, I have to press the jump and wing suite buttons repeatedly before it works, I know someone else also experienced this problem

Art Blade

I reckon it was me.  :-D

Quote from: Art Blade on April 15, 2013, 08:23:03 AM
I do walk most of the time due to the fact that the wingsuit doesn't w@&k (yet) and I admit that it is more immersive without wingsuit.

Try to hold the jump button only. Works with Ziggy's mod.

nexor

Thanks Art, It really is a pain in the a$$

fragger

I've found that there are a couple of places where the wingsuit just won't deploy. There is a cliff near Gaztown where no matter how many times I jump off, the flipping suit just won't do its thing and I end up leaving a dent in the landscape at the bottom. It's hard to describe exactly where that spot is, kind of just SE of the town. The suit never deploys there.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on October 28, 2013, 03:30:59 PM
... There is a cliff near Gaztown where no matter how many times I jump off, the flipping suit just won't do its thing and I end up leaving a dent in the landscape at the bottom...

Oh... must be an Easter egg you discovered, fragger - the suicide cliff

nexor

Quote from: fragger on October 28, 2013, 03:30:59 PM
the flipping suit just won't do its thing and I end up leaving a dent in the landscape at the bottom.

It happens to me quite often and I'm getting tired of it, besides the fact that I hate donating blood just for the hell of it, my skin also takes a while to heal    :-\\

nexor

I think I just solved the wing suite problem, when the deploy notice appears I quickly press the button to deploy twice and it worked, I tried it four times and was successful every time.
Anyway, it working for me

Tags:
🡱 🡳