FC3: Questions

Started by PZ, December 09, 2012, 02:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: PZ on October 28, 2013, 04:37:39 PM
Oh... must be an Easter egg you discovered, fragger - the suicide cliff

:-D :-D :-D

More like a Halloween egg :-()

(Oh, look, it just happens to be October 31st. What timing! :-())

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

TheStranger

Hmm I encountered a problem using Ziggy's mod. Somehow the shop prices for all weapons except the signature weapons are lower. MKG costs about 9000 and before it was 13000. I play the hardcore version 2.71. I don't know why it has changed or is there some ingame feature that lowers the price? I can't remember such thing and posted my problem on the Far Cry Nexus. Very strange and annoying although the prices are not the vanilla ones.

edit:

Ok it is solved, somehow the difficulty changed although I never went into the options menu.

edit 2: Prices seem normal now althoug the MKG still costs "only" about 10000? And my Z93 sniper rifle isn't a bolt action anymore. It's semiautomatic. I wonder what happened because I didn't do anything apart from playing. Ah I see when I wanted to reinstall I installed the new version 2.71 (was playing with 2.7) which did accuracy changes on the Z93 maybe there is the problem?

PZ

Did you start a new game of continue with an old save?  I installed a different mod, then installed Ziggy's and my old save now had elements of both mods.

TheStranger

I continued, but according to ziggy it is no problem.

I didn't see that it was a new version I was installing, that's why I made no backup. And you can't download older versions. But apart from that everything is fine and the Z93 is a real killer now :)

mandru

Quote from: TheStranger on November 01, 2013, 05:04:33 PM

... my Z93 sniper rifle isn't a bolt action anymore. It's semiautomatic.

Spoiler
Me Want!  \:/

With a 50 round magazine!  >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

TheStranger

Magazine is the 5 default + 3 with the extended magazine update. ;)

Maybe you could test if it is really semiautomatic if you install the new version of Ziggy's mod (2.71) ;)

edit:

Yes Ziggy confirmed that he had to change the Z93 to semiautomatic with the new update to fix the accuracy bug.

Art Blade

TheStranger

Apparently the reticle was not 100% accurate over long distances. Didn't notice myself but a few guys said that they sometimes would miss a 100% safe shot.

nexor

So all I have to do is install Ziggy's mod 2.71, and where do I find it, if I may ask?

TheStranger

http://farcry.nexusmods.com/mods/63//?

I think you have to register to download. But it's free and totally worth it.

Art Blade

it sure is :)

And thanks for the info regarding accuracy.

nexor

Thanks TheStranger, will go there......

PS: this is a weird website, after more than three hours have not received a conformation email and getting an error message when I attempt logging in, then when I click contact to report this my username appears showing I'm logged on  ????

nexor

Finally, got the patch and is working, thanks guys   :-X
One thing though, how does one select Molotov's, the mouse wheel was used for that, now the wheel is the firearm selecter  ????
Oh, and the Z93 is semiautomatic, nice  :-D

Art Blade

Hey nexor, hope you enjoy the mod :)

Allow me.. :-D
Quote from: Art Blade on October 22, 2013, 06:17:38 AM
OK, 2.7 is better than the old one I was using.

What I haven't yet observed is the new slowed-down time, 20% slower, which means that I can expect a night to look and feel a bit more like a night rather than a dark cloud passing by.  :-D

Multiple mines (>=4) are a lot of fun. The AMR signature sniper FINALLY is back to its old glory, the first two cars blew up instantly (a few others took more than one shot) and pirates/mercs get kicked off their feet again, fun to watch them "jump" when hit  >:D

The new additional numeric weapon stats are useful. The mouse wheel now changes weapons as it should have done in the vanilla version. To switch between molotovs and grenades you need to press G or > which is a bit of a bugger here, I have G bound to throw those items so I have to use > which is a US English keyboard code so on my German keyboard I have to press SHIFT + " . " which is acceptable.

I tried the C-4, threw 4 packs and was able to detonate them one by one, even the fourth pack. Still only 3 LEDs on the remote but that doesn't matter anymore.

I found one glitch: if you ran out of mines, scrolling through your weapons with the mouse wheel until your stop at the mines selection will show your hands pretending to hold a mine.. but you're literally empty-handed.

However, definitely an improvement over the previous version.  :) :-X

nexor

Thanks Art, after running the mod I didn't start a new game, just continued from the last outposts retake on which I was busy with, that was my intentions though, instead the game started on a new retake with me inside the room of an outpost.
I haven't tested all the changes yet but will do so in the very near future  :-D

nexor

so far deploying the wing suite is not working for me, the mod say press and hold the jump button to deploy the wing suite

Art Blade

in my case it's the spacebar and it works for me.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 07, 2013, 10:29:36 AM
in my case it's the spacebar and it works for me.

I think everything works for you AB, because you have a kinship with computers  :angel:

nexor

I managed to get it to w@&k after several attempts, I find the vanilla version works better since I discovered pressing the R-shift button twice in quick succession.

So far there are some of the changes in ziggy's mod that I like and some not,
The performance of the AMR seem no different to the Swartz mod I've been using.  :-\\

I like the semi auto Z93, the improved climbing ability is also nice, I always tried to climb higher, that way I can play cat and mouse with the pirates   :-D
I'm still going to try out the two new bows   8-X

Art Blade

:) the explosive bow has an enormous reach and damn fast arrows, too. Best for taking out vehicles. Usually the first shot claps everyone on board, the second shot blows it up.

nexor

I don't know if I'm imagining it but it seems the outposts get liberated much quicker with ziggy's mod, one outpost got liberated after I shot only two pirates, one shot from my RPG took care of another outpost

PZ

That's strange... I used Ziggy's and regularly got my a$$ kicked  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳