Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 08, 2012, 07:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

I thought maybe to get a screenie topic going for anything cool, funny or that just looks nice. Here's a few to get things going in the "just nice" genre :-()

Night skies look simply fantastic in FC3.
[smg id=4961 align=center width=600]

Definitely a better-looking Moon than FC2's. This is more like its proper size, not looking like it's on a collision course with Earth, and has a realistic glow around it. Isn't this a romantic scene? Limpid moonlight, waving palms... gunfire...
[smg id=4962 align=center width=600]

The sun rays still filter through the trees like in FC2 but now with a neat lens-flare effect added.
[smg id=4963 align=center width=600]

PZ

Great shots fragger!  :-X

I especially like the last one which reminds me so much of Africa in FC2  ^-^

durian

Nice shots there fragger  :-X

I've just arrive at the beach at sunset with a character; it's the most beautiful scene in this game.
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

where is your mini map?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Well blow me down, I didn't notice that! Apparently it doesn't get included in the screenshot, nor presumably would any other HUD stuff that may be showing at the time of the capture. Excellent!

Nice spot there Art :-D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

Nice pics and atmosphere there.

I have seen other screen shots with hud elements and mini-map present - so fragger must be a genius or using the force  :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

Nice pics mate!  :-X
How did you make them? I'm sure you didn't use Steam-sceenshot ability since you don't have a very good connection. That's what I do to get sceenies and they are all hood-included :-(
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

I'm just hitting the Print Screen key (PrtScn), the pics get stored in My Documents/My Games/Far Cry 3/Screenshots. That's all :)

fragger

If you take a swipe with your knife (hit your takedown key, F by default), there's a fraction of a second before the knife flashes across the screen. Hit PrtScrn almost immediately after the takedown key and you can get a picture with no weapon showing:

No fightin' - gone fishin'
[smg id=4964 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

hehe, he who mastered the old FC2 techniques will master the new FC3 techniques just as well  :-D Cheers, fragger  :)

Art Blade

I'll have to see if I can produce some without HUD, too. These are from the steam screen capture tool:

Some flash back.
[smg id=4965 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 08 00055"]

Waterfalls.
[smg id=4966 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 09 00031"]

Art Blade

Indeed, it works. Man, those in-game screenshots take up about 2-3megs each.. better convert them  ^-^

[smg id=4967 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0001"]
[smg id=4968 type=link align=center width=500 caption="FC3 0002"]

PZ

Very cool - that one through the tunnel at a bridge reminds me of FC2  :-X

fragger

Nice ones, Art :) :-X

Yep, I had to convert mine too, they were huge :-()

It's such a great-looking environment, it's hard to do find places that aren't like postcard material :-()

I love the way waterfalls are done in this game, they look superb. Same with the sky and the light that the sun and moon cast on the water.

Art Blade

cheers, guys :)

The only thing they didn't do well is the horizon when looking at the sea. The "fake" mountains seem to be rather near but touch the horizon which makes the horizon appear too near and that makes it look as if it was cut off -- just as if you'd stand on top of a mountain plateau close to a waterfall.

fragger

Here's a bunch more. It's got to be one of the richest-looking FPS games around, the wealth of detail and the variety of stuff to be found is amazing. I see so many terrific photo ops in this game that I could take a thousand, but I guess I have to make the cutoff somewhere :-()

[smg id=4970 align=center width=600]
[smg id=4971 align=center width=600]
[smg id=4972 align=center width=600]
[smg id=4973 align=center width=600]
[smg id=4974 align=center width=600]
[smg id=4975 align=center width=600]
[smg id=4976 align=center width=600]

Art Blade

very nice pics, mate  :)

PZ

Wow, I haven't seen half of that stuff  :-X

Art Blade

I think I found fragger's crab :) Well, even if it wasn't fragger's, you won't find this crab any more.  :-D

[smg id=4977 type=link align=center width=500 caption="2012 12 08 00085"]

PZ

Did you step on it to make it splat like that?  ????

Art Blade

Well, no. Actually I used the crab opener you see there in my hands.  :-D

PZ

:-()

Has anyone been to this temple?  Looks interesting in the potential to find artifacts or good loot

[smg id=4978 width=400 align=center]

durian

Nah I don't think so. Yeah there's a good chance you'll find relics and sme loot chest there.

FC3 is really better than FC2 in many ways, one of which is the exploration aspect. Not only is it beautful, it also doesn't look samey, and has a lot of interesting locations to explore which was non-existent in FC2.
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

PZ

I agree; the islands are as diverse in their environment as Just Cause 2.

Tags:
🡱 🡳