FC3: Funny moments

Started by durian, December 07, 2012, 12:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

very funny story, Jim, I particularly liked the "clearly not my day" comment  :-D Don't we all know those  :-()

Just as you and D_B mentioned, I had the same experience. I won't forget my first carcass that disappeared which I didn't know about then. I had killed two valuable animals in short succession, leopards perhaps, and had finished skinning the first one when I came close to believing I had completely lost my orientation. Like, I was sure the second carcass should have been where I was looking around for it but I started to doubt whether or not it was the right spot and started to circle that area, increasing the radius constantly. A massive spiral. Nothing. As if the grass had covered it completely. I couldn't believe that I still hadn't found the fricking thing, went back and forth and around and around, nothing, and I gave up utterly puzzled. Until it happened again. It dawned on me that these bodies and carcasses might disappear over time and like D_B I developed a habit of killing only one and skin/loot it immediately. It keeps happening to me that I don't get snipers to loot as I have used to take them out first thing I get somewhere and of course they're the ones to disappear first.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

True indeed that they can vanish fairly quickly - these though were blinking out of existence a second after falling to the ground. The glitch has gone now, I'm happy to say and bodies are staying long enough to be looted again.

Added to the increased animal factor I mentioned, the camp north of Rust Yard had six or seven attack dogs but only three pirates - so absolutely no chance of liberating the outpost undetected, even after three Komodo attacks there were still four or more.

I got my second of two camps undetected after opening the tower by Badtown - I could see the camp to the south from the top - pretty much a perfect line of sight, and so let rip with the RPG, nullifying all alarms and occupants with three shots  :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Quote from: Jim di Griz on January 09, 2013, 11:32:41 AM
I got my second of two camps undetected after opening the tower by Badtown - I could see the camp to the south from the top - pretty much a perfect line of sight, and so let rip with the RPG, nullifying all alarms and occupants with three shots  :)

:-X

I ran into a herd of deer (literally) with an assault truck with a large rock as a back drop.  My rig crashed into the rock and one of the deer (that I'd not hit) jumped and ran over my hood, however I was certain that I'd hit at least to.  Out of my rig I hopped and checked to find one deer under my rear wheels and another I'd hit so hard ot was on the other side of the rock.  Thankfully I was able to skin both without incident.  However, on another jaunt I ran over a single deer, but then was immediately accosted by a group of pirates so I had to wander slightly away from the deer carcass as I was trying to save my own.  When I returned, I could not find hide nor hair of that deer.  \:/

Jim di Griz

The beasties do act very oddly alright and can benefit you like that  :-X

I saw a Leopard spring after a Tapir, miss and subsequently land nose first in the shallows of the river, whereupon it prompty drowned, bum upwards. Easiest Leopard skin I ever got.

I also had two Dingos follow me into the courtyard where you do the rabid dogs with an RPG mission, joined by a Komodo, who had also apparently followed me from the opposite hillside - one grenade cleared up that little meeting  :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

fragger

I'm impressed with the animal behaviours the devs have depicted. From a high vantage point I was watching this tiger relaxing. It sat and looked around for a minute, then lay down and started grooming itself in typical cat-fashion - lick one paw a few times then wipe it over its head, which it repeated several times, then it yawned and stretched out for a bit. Eventually it got up and wandered away.

I've seen pigs rolling on their backs and even the occasional rat I've seen will have a behavioural trait or two, like briefly sitting up on its haunches and sniffing the air.

Just wondering - has anybody ever seen any monkeys outside of Amanaki Town?

durian

Quote from: Jim di Griz on January 09, 2013, 01:20:49 PM
I saw a Leopard spring after a Tapir, miss and subsequently land nose first in the shallows of the river, whereupon it prompty drowned, bum upwards. Easiest Leopard skin I ever got.

In my case, a tiger chased a tapir and both drowned in the river.

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Binnatics

Well, I have of course seen the monkey that this "hort" guy armed with some C4 on his back. ::) But that may be the only one
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

One of Buck's missions to acquire the stone knife had an underground site with a couple monkeys running around.  They give the same leather as a crock.  >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Ah yes, I remember that now :)

Definition of a downer: Getting headbutted right off a cliff by a buffalo ??? I also discovered that you can't outrun a leopard, surprise surprise...

Art Blade

biggest fun with animals chasing you: run past enemies or mines previously laid out.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

durian

Quote from: mandru  on January 09, 2013, 02:53:42 PM
One of Buck's missions to acquire the stone knife had an underground site with a couple monkeys running around.  They give the same leather as a crock.  >:D

I missed the monkeys in my 1st playthrough.
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Jim di Griz

Avoid wrecking a car on warrior difficulty. It only took a slight tumble but immediately burst into flames and before I could get out and heal myself, I was dead...

Also I had one of those what the hell is happening moments during a co-op match - I was in mid-desperate battle with a heavy on his last legs and hammering him with my U100 from cover when the options screen popped up with 'Resume...blah...quit'

I tried going back, but no response - nothing...

Turns out the wireless controller had run out of charge  :laugh: I had a frantic couple of seconds unplugging the ready charged one and activating it. Luckily the checkpoint had been reached and I was still alive  :) I did feel foolish.

PZ

Art Blade

mandru

Art, your gun shop lady avatar caused me to laugh when I reencountered it just above.

Last night I was in back in Bad Town visiting the gun shop and the whole time I was there your avatar in a no nonsense fashion kept a shotgun leveled at my navel.  ???

I thought about making a screen cap of that, cropping it and dropping it in as my avatar but decided not to steal your thunder.  Well that and the fact that after 45 minutes of rummaging around in my system I can't find the file where the game is hiding my screen captures.  Who knows the feature may not even be working on my system but either way I've given up on trying if there's no point to it.  ::)
- mandru

Art Blade

:)

the non-steam version uses the PRNT key and the screenshots are in this folder:

HD:\Users\mandru\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3\Screenshots\

:)

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

:-D

on topic:

Co-op game. Defending a position in a small village. A road, a few shacks, crates and stuff like that. Enemies come in waves, every once and then they approach guns blazing in a Jeep with a mounted gun. Four players, and four times as many enemies. One player is incapacitated, lying on the road, I run over to revive him and while crouched, I get run over by a perforated smoking car that no longer has a crew and it comes to a stop right next to the guy whom I just had successfully revived; so I'm lying incapacitated on the road in his place now. He revives me, runs away and I.. get taken out the second time by that very same fricking car again as it blows up in my face just when I'm about to come to. One of those moments you're about to cry but laugh about it later.  :-D

fragger

:laugh:

Some days it don't pay to get outta bed...

Jim di Griz

Quote from: fragger on January 12, 2013, 04:13:30 AM
Some days it don't pay to get outta bed...
I know that feeling. I was doing the Pirates Cove mission and had already died after getting most of the way through the beach part - I think it was the effects of Goat curry that got me...that and a propane cylinder  ;)

Anyway, having approached along the proscribed checkpoint path (outer sniper post first, then the inner one) and dealt with the troublesome snake...twice (yeah, I died again) I tried a different approach. Staying at the first sniper post, I took out the other sniper then the key holder before proceeding to lay down a blanket of grenade launcher fire and was keeping them all at bay.

All going well until that damn snake jumped at me  >:( it must have slithered from all the way over by the second tower to do so - vindictive little runt. It was snake sushi after that - I can tell you  ;)

mandru

If I learned anything from the FC3 natives it's "Don't Eat The Goat!"
- mandru

PZ

Art Blade

"Ungh, that goat curry tasted bad when it went down and it tastes even worse when it comes back up again."  :laugh:

fragger

I get such a good laugh from you guys, you're all gems :-X

Art Blade

:-D you too, mate  ^-^ :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳