Spawn rate

Started by PZ, December 05, 2012, 08:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I just read that once you clear a guard post, the mercs never inhabit it again.  Too bad really; although the spawn rate in FC2 was too high (new spawn just as soon as you left the block), to have it never spawn is just as unrealistic.  After all, if the mercs thought it was a good place to guard in the first place, then why wouldn't they occupy it again after a while.

It would be ideal to have a more extensive options menu where you could choose toggles like HUD presence/absence, and maybe sliders for options like spawn rate.

I wonder why the developers don't make a rich options menu because that would allow gamers to tailor the game to their personal preference, which would make for a much happier gamer.  From a programming stand point, most routines are parameter driven, which can be set by an options setting

Art Blade

Then again, there are areas that cannot be occupied by the player and will stay hostile. After clearing such a place, if you wait long enough, they'll come back even while you're still there. Then there are places that won't even stop spawning mercs which means you cannot clear those at all  :) And even if you are in a pacified area, you'll still encounter occasional merc patrols. However, there will be friendlies on patrol, too, and those two groups will eventually clash (unless carnivore predators come in first or during such encounters). You'll constantly see and hear minor armed conflicts with or without animals involved.

In other words, you're not going to run out of opportunities to pick a fight :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's fantastic news!  I knew that friendlies were there because a couple of them assisted me when a rabid dog was trying to bite me.  I didn't know that the areas were different in the way mercs occupied them, but it makes perfect sense.

I'm becoming more impressed by each passing day, and with each experience.  :-X

fragger

Some places also have alarms, and if you don't first sneak in and deactivate them, a merc might set one off and you'll soon have all the fight you can handle. I had that happen once, with a tiger thrown into the scrap for good measure (it killed a couple of the pirates for me) :-()

Art Blade

Although I just posted in FC3 first impressions, I shall repeat it here:

Take out outposts undetected to receive 1500 XP. If they detect you but don't raise an alarm, you'll get 550 XP. Anything else, 500 XP. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I'm liking the game more and I've hardly had the chance to play it  :-()

Art Blade

I like the Hitman-like stealth rewards :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳