Island or Africa?

Started by PZ, December 04, 2012, 09:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which environment do you prefer, the dry African landscape or the island in FC3?

Africa
0 (0%)
Island
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

PZ

Because the environments are so different, it might be nice to know if you prefer the dry desert-like environment of Far Cry 2, or the wet jungle of Far Cry 3.

Jim di Griz

I shall let you know when I get there  :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Same here - am picking it up today  ^-^

Art Blade

kind of an "old games topic" here?  8-X

:-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: Jim di Griz on December 04, 2012, 11:39:09 AM
I shall let you know when I get there  :)

Me too. I'm gonna be the last one in the pool, I just know it... :'(

Jim di Griz

Quote from: fragger on December 04, 2012, 12:34:38 PM
Me too. I'm gonna be the last one in the pool, I just know it... :'(
We'll leave some alligators in there for you, no worries  ;)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

PZ

I thought I'd instantly be able to determine which environment I prefer, but as it turns out, it is not so simple.  The FC3 environment is so organic when compared to FC2; simply beautiful.  While I still prefer dry environment to wet, I must say that the developers did a great job in creating the jungle of FC3.

fragger

That does it, tomorrow morning I'm going in to the game shop where I pre-ordered my FC3 and wring the dude's neck until he coughs up the game >:D

Art Blade

:-() hit him hard, will ya  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on December 05, 2012, 01:36:24 AM
That does it, tomorrow morning I'm going in to the game shop where I pre-ordered my FC3 and wring the dude's neck until he coughs up the game >:D

:laugh:

PZ

Well, two hours into the game and my mind is changed.  When the first reports of the setting for FC3 were reported, I was really disappointed because I love the African environment of FC2 so much.  However, many of the FC2 elements were preserved for FC2, and the scenery is fantastic - reminds me of Panau island in Just Cause 2  :-X

When I started this poll, I was fairly confident that I would vote for Africa, but I wanted to start the game first and give it a fair chance.  Now I have, and the organic nature of the environment is so pleasing, I voted for "Island"

fragger

Good news: Got the game. Bad news: Won't be able to get things started until tomorrow night.

I did what I said I'd do this morning and went into the game shop to do some asking. And walking into the store, what do I see? Boxes of FC3 on the shelf, half a dozen of them. So I took a copy to the counter and said to the guy, "I actually preordered this" and to prove it I produced the docket for the ten-dollar deposit I'd left. He said, "Ah, yes, so you did, I think it's out the back. Let me go look". And so it was, probably been sitting there since Tuesday.

So I left him out the back with his neck wrung.

On the upside (sort of) it turned out that what I'd preorded was in fact the "Insane Edition" (news to me), which contained all this stuff:

[smg id=4959 width=600]
(Sorry to rub it in, mandru...)

That satchel thingy which had all the stuff in it is made of real canvas, fastens with sturdy brass press studs and is surprisingly good quality. I may actually find a proper use for it! Dunno about the hula Vaas, he doesn't really go with my decor. He doesn't actually hula but his head wobbles around.

Anyway, I have to go out in a bit and won't be home till late, then I have to get up early tomorrow for w**k, so with any luck I can get things rolling tomorrow night.

And hopefully, a day or two after that I'll be able to take part in the "desert vs. island" debate.

See you blokes in the jungle :)

Art Blade

PZ

That's great news fragger  :-X

You could have practiced your meelee attack on that guy, in the back room, for making you wait longer than you should have.  :-()

fragger

As it turned out my outing got cancelled, so I'm in and have been playing all afternoon 8) After an hour's install and two hours' updating, that is. Par for the course these days...

I'll post my first impressions in the appropriate topic, but for now, I choose island over desert. Like PZ said, Africa was going to take some beating, but the lovely lush environment I've seen thus far in FC3 has swung my vote :-X Fantastic game world!

Art Blade

I was the first voter and I did vote for the island. No second thoughts.  :)

durian

I like both, each has pros and cons but overall I think I prefer Africa  ;)
He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

only three votes including mine.. time to check your votes, guys :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳