Liberation missions

Started by PZ, November 10, 2012, 10:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Each area in Boston and New York has districts like in prior games.  In each district, you can do liberation missions that are quite varied in nature, which makes them much more fun to do!  I think this is how you recruit additional assassins, but I am not positive because I have only one so far.

JRD

You are right. Each district has a contact and after doing all the Liberation missions you get to a tavern and talk to your contact. Both of you will then go on a mission where a new Assassin Skill will be presented to you. Your contact will be your Assassin recruit. I have all three districts in Boston liberated and three Assassins I can call any time.

The skills I learned were:
- Assassinate: basically the same as in other AC games. You lock a target and order your assassin to kill him and he'll come charging and do the dirty worg.
- Marksmen: the Assassin will shoot your target. Good for reaching target surrounded by guards.
- Bodyguard: they will walk by your side and ataack enemies as you command them. In the Boston Tea Party mission I had a great fight with my three Assassins on my side thinning out the crows
- Riot: your Assassins will start a riot and creat chaos and havoc on an area as a distraction. You can also do it by commanding specific groups of people scattered over the city!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on December 03, 2012, 03:00:56 PM
- Bodyguard: they will walk by your side and ataack enemies as you command them

I haven't tried this yet - if you are attacked, do you need to tell them to fight or do they do it all on their own?

JRD

I only called my body guards a couple time and on both ocasions I was the trouble maker.... they didn't even had time to start something!  ::)

PZ

I see; I might try walking around town with them to see how long they stay with me as well as what they do when we are attacked.

JRD

I played the Boston Tea Party mission with them and just like in the early sequences, when you play as Haytham, they follow you and attack at your command.

A good tactic is to use them when you want a specific target in a crowd. If you attack the crowd the fighting mai give your target time to escape but if you call your body guards they'll keep some of the enemies busy while you focus on your target  ;)

PZ

Good one  :-X  Currently I have only one assassin, so I'd better get on the ball and recruit a few more; sounds like using them could be quite fun.

JRD

When you do the liberation missions in northern Boston, the ones by the docks require you to stop soldiers from bullying merchants in the area. When you attack the soldiers, one of them, wearing a kilt (a Hessian, if I remember correctly), will try to escape. You have to get this guy before he manages to flee. If you stick to fighting them you may lose your target. You can send your recruits to kill him or have your recruits attacking the other soldiers while you get the main bully.

If he escapes, the mission is not complete, even if you kill everybody else.  ;)

PZ

Quote from: JRD on December 04, 2012, 10:27:27 AM
... You can send your recruits to kill him or have your recruits attacking the other soldiers while you get the main bully.

If he escapes, the mission is not complete, even if you kill everybody else.  ;)

Good tip!  I always forget to use recruits  :D

Art Blade

psst, anyone.. did PZ mention "forget" again?  8-X

:-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳