Upload your multiplayer maps

Started by PZ, April 21, 2009, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

The Downloads section now has an area where you can upload and download MP maps.  Feel free to share.  :-X

Pac!ent

Hi guys, Ive juts uploaded map to your dowloaded section, hope you will like it  :)

Art Blade

hey, thank you Pac!ent :)

good to see you again, I hope everything is ok? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

Your file just has avatars for OFP2.

btw, without even knowing, I've picked your Acropolis map for the next rotation.
:)
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

I think you found JRD's avatar file :)

Our regular members need files to be approved first, so I think Pac!ent's file is still pending.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

File is available now (thanks, PZ :) )  :-X

DKM2

Cool got it now, another new one!

I download and checked out about 40 custom maps yesterday,
got 16 good ones to use. 17 now with this one I'm sure.
(I just loaded them up on the server)

I must say Pac!ent your maps are head and shoulders above anyones.
A real gift.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

I agree - I recall seeing several of the maps Pac!ent showcased some time ago (when OWG was still new and he mentioned adding a MP board).  His maps look like superior game play.  Too many of the maps I've tried playing online seem designed to favor the maker of the map and perhaps his minions.

Pac!ent

Thanks guys for positeive feedback. And I would be gratefull to have some more feedback about map Spinhx, please let me know how was gameplay after you will try it out. Thx ;)

DKM2

your Spinhx map hasn't come up yet in a real game,
which makes me think I have a little "bug"
The Maps are random alright, but exactly the same way every time.
Stupid computers....

Art Blade

probably a good idea not to save the random map list and use that saved list all over.

;) ;D

DKM2

It's quite difficult to create truly random numbers in computers,
We can fake it pretty good though, if we do it right. Sounds kind of feminine doesn't it.
;)

Art Blade

yes  ;D And I heard of that phenomenon too, that it isn't really random. To get real random numbers, a quantum computer could come in handy as far as I know...  :) Or, a lava lamp... there really are test environments using a lava lamp to "reap" random numbers  :)

spaceboy

Quote from: DKM2 on August 07, 2009, 08:40:28 PM
We can fake it pretty good though, if we do it right. Sounds kind of feminine doesn't it.
;)

hahaha,  I'd take faking over than avoiding anyday.  ;)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

<in a Schwarzenegger voice> I never cared.

:-* ;D

Pac!ent

Guys I made another map - Omega
See more here
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3171037696/m/8351082287

watch video here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3171037696/m/8351082287

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Hope you will like it  ;)

Art Blade

DKM2

I'll check it out.

Finally got to see Spinhx in action, fixed a little bug I had.

it rocks!

Pac!ent

Thx guys for you positive feedback. One of the main reason why I make maps is make FC2 better so it means a lot for me, if you enjoy them ;)

DKM2

Omega.
Did a little solo walk through. Good as always.
I didn't find any bugs.
Was a little concerned about snipers on the cliffs, they may have it pretty
good, IF they can get over there, by glider. There doesn't seem to another way up there.
Not too far away that I couldn't get them with an assault rifle thou, lots of hiding spaces.

Two main things I look for in maps.
Visual appeal, it can be simple urban warfare, buildings in a city grid, which is fine,
but if all the buildings are void of contents, it turns me off.
Snipers vs other players. As long as everyone can play,
its good, as long as I think I can make it to the others "base" or snipers sweet spots sometimes.
Multiple attack avenues. If I go one way and fail, is there another way to get to the same point.
Spawn points, faction signs, ammo pickups, etc, all nice details for a map.

It's a first impression thing too, sometimes a good idea can void the above.
But, one that comes to mind, was something called sunken slum town (or something like that)
Was really nice, but VERY complicated to get around, even with 16 players you'd be
searching for targets for 5 minutes, I was tempted, but that spoiled it.

Ps. btw, sanatorium, in the rocks on one side between the ramps in the middle
If you go back too far you can get stuck. Seen a few people calling for help. "kill me"  lol
(me too, ate my IED thou)

PZ

Omega is a beautiful map Pac!ent - good w@&k, as always  :-X

Pac!ent

DKM2 thx for "complete" feedback ;)
About snipers on the oposite cliff - I create it just to they can get there, but then all will see them fly over map and its actually some kind of trap :) Cliff on backside (behind house) are not accessible at all.
Bug in Sanatorium, I found that latter, but finally I decide leave it like this because there were already a lot downloads.

PZ

Member speedtrauma has uploaded an FC2 map:

My first map

Art Blade

cheers for that, speedtrauma  :-X

Pac!ent

As its your first map its nice begining m8 ;) A bit too big and open for snipers so if I can I would recommend you to make you next map smaller, like 130x130 square od so one.
Keep up good w@&k :)
Btw - could we looking forward for some map from DKM2 ? I think he could be able make really good maps. ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳