Kiss

Started by PZ, November 05, 2012, 09:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Fiach

Kiss Alive II was my intro to the band, to this day, DRC has been one of my favourite songs ever, the perfect rock song.

Kiss - Detroit Rock City
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

One of my all time favorites too Fiach,

I remember a time when I was a kid driving home late one night (midnight or so)  I was driving my first car, a silver 1969 SS 396/375 hp (square port heads) Chevy Nova with a full race Sig Erson cam and Holley 850 double pumper.  Along side me pulled a guy in a Boss 429 Mustang and indicated he wanted a go; which we did heading west on Mission Valley road in San Diego.  Detroit Rock City was playing on my 8-track.

I beat that kid, but unfortunately spun a rod bearing which ended up snapping a piston ring shard into the cylinder wall tearing it enough to get into the water jacket.  Because I had little to no money most of the time, it took me over 6 months to rebuild that motor.  In the meantime all I had for transport (and lucky at that) was  a Yamaha 125 Enduro, and unfortunately for me it was the winter, which was the rainiest time of the year in San Diego.

People laughed at me in traffic because I wore plastic bags on my hands and feet in an attempt to stay dry  :laugh:

Fiach

Quote from: PZ on November 06, 2012, 05:17:39 PM
One of my all time favorites too Fiach,

I remember a time when I was a kid driving home late one night (midnight or so)  I was driving my first car, a silver 1969 SS 396/375 hp (square port heads) Chevy Nova with a full race Sig Erson cam and Holley 850 double pumper.  Along side me pulled a guy in a Boss 429 Mustang and indicated he wanted a go; which we did heading west on Mission Valley road in San Diego.  Detroit Rock City was playing on my 8-track.

I beat that kid, but unfortunately spun a rod bearing which ended up snapping a piston ring shard into the cylinder wall tearing it enough to get into the water jacket.  Because I had little to no money most of the time, it took me over 6 months to rebuild that motor.  In the meantime all I had for transport (and lucky at that) was  a Yamaha 125 Enduro, and unfortunately for me it was the winter, which was the rainiest time of the year in San Diego.

People laughed at me in traffic because I wore plastic bags on my hands and feet in an attempt to stay dry  :laugh:

LOL, cool story...pro tip, email that to Bruce Springsteen and sit back and wait for the royalty cheque  >:D ^-^
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳