Mission: assassinate John Pitcairn

Started by PZ, November 04, 2012, 11:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Today I had to assassinate a British officer, John Pitcairn.  In true Assassin's Creed form, it is a sad but necessary deed to accomplish.

Here is a bit of history about Pitcairn's life - click here

JRD

It brought me a fond memory of a story I heard from a Filipino 3rd officer onboard one vessel I worked many years ago. He once passed a tiny group of islands in the south Pacific on his way to Australia. It was a bit off the main routes but it was such an amazing place he always remember the experience.

The small group of islands were named after John Pitcairn's son, Robert and are still known by this name today

Pitcairn Islands:

Here is a small paragraph I found at Wikipedia:

QuotePitcairn Island was sighted on 3 July 1767 by the crew of the British sloop HMS Swallow, commanded by Captain Philip Carteret. The island was named after Midshipman Robert Pitcairn, a fifteen-year-old crew member who was the first to sight the island. Robert Pitcairn was the son of British Marine Officer John Pitcairn.

The islands were deserted and remained like that untill 1790 when the mutineers from a ship called Bounty set foot there (and set fire to the ship   ??? ) starting the colonization of the islands. It was home of all sorts of rogue inhabitants through the following years and... as told me by the Filipino 3rd officer... now it is a well established role model community!!

That place is on my list of places to visit before I die!!

Read more at wikipedia below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitcairn_Islands

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Nice  :-X

This game can spark all kinds of historical interest ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳