Lock picking

Started by PZ, November 02, 2012, 09:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

For those of who have played the Fallout series, you know all about lock picking.  It has been taken to a fine art in AC3.  You have an instrument in your left hand that you insert into the lock; you control the position and angle with the left stick on your controller.  Once you have the angle just right, you insert another instrument into the lock with your right hand and control it's angle and position with your right stick.

Once everything is completely aligned, you repeatedly hit R1 to break the lock mechanism and the door opens.

JRD

Sounds great... for console players who have a left and a right stick ????

In the PC version you have to move your mouse left and right to insert the first instrument and then move your mouse back and forth to control the position.... and then repeatedly hit LMB and RMB to force open the lock.

But when you move your mouse back and forth you screw up the angle, whci causes your first instrument to move out of position  :D

If after a few minutes you didn't throw your PC over the window, you get both position and angle righ and hitting mouse buttons screws up everything back again!

Rinse and repeat  >:((
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Wow, that sounds awful; it is really easy on the console, and now I'm not so sure that I'm interested in the PC version, especially with the chase scenes.

mandru

Yeah.  The up and down moves with the mouse after finally getting the side to side alignment in just the right spot right without bollixing everything up is what has given me the most trouble.  Any, that's any diagonal drift and your tools pop out of the lock.  I had to actually look at my mouse to make sure I was moving in a perfect forward and back motion.

Too bad they didn't stick with the opera house locks they were challenging but not too difficult.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳