Assassins Creed 3 Review

Started by Fiach, October 30, 2012, 01:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy,oh boy, oh boy!!!!!!!

I'm going right now to get it; I don't care if they did rate it at only 7.5  ^-^

PZ

Just got it... will install it later this evening as soon as I finish a few chores, and then... into the American Revolution  >:D

The review mentioned a different way of fast travel in which it sounds like you actually explore beneath the city  :-X

Free running mechanics are supposed to be vastly improved which is another thing that would make the experience really good for me; I always hated the free running in the prior episodes.

mandru

:'(  Let me guess PZ.  You got the X-Box or PS3 version of the game right?  As soon as Mrs mandru arrived home from the office this evening we hightailed it to Gamestop to grab my AC3 copy.  On arrival I was told that the PC version isn't due for release until 11-20-12.  ???

Don't they understand?  The world is gonna blow up 12-21-12!

This delay doesn't give me a whole lot of time to stop it and that's exactly what I told the clerk whom I heavily suspect is a stinking Templar!  \:/
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on October 30, 2012, 06:29:56 PM
... I heavily suspect is a stinking Templar!  \:/

:laugh: so true!

Yes, PS3 version because I always do the console version first, and then if I really love the game I'll purchase for the PC for better graphics, screen capture ability etc.

PS: you're going to love this game; I'm only a little way into it, but it is great!

mandru

Quote from: PZ on October 30, 2012, 08:35:57 PM
PS: you're going to love this game; I'm only a little way into it, but it is great!

:laugh:

Oh yeah that's it. Rub it in a bit where I'm still stinging from not being able to pick it up today.  ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Fiach

I haven't read the review, although I did notice the score.

I havent played the AC games, so the score is kinda irrelevant to me, but I know the game is of great importance to OWG members, so any information  about the game is of interest, also, I think that we are mature enough to see that scores are just opinions of other people, that may not necessarily be fans of the genre.

I think we can extract the information from an informative review, to draw our own conclusions about a game that intrests us. There are many games, to which I would give a 9/10 score, but I know that it is not an "objective score" and that in reality, they should score lower, Alpha Protocol and Too Human are games that spring to mind, crucified in the press, but fans of them, love the heck out of them. :)

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on October 30, 2012, 06:29:56 PM
:'(  Let me guess PZ.  You got the X-Box or PS3 version of the game right?  As soon as Mrs mandru arrived home from the office this evening we hightailed it to Gamestop to grab my AC3 copy.  On arrival I was told that the PC version isn't due for release until 11-20-12.

Dang, I missed the detail of this in my earlier excited read through the post - really sorry to hear that the release date is so far out for the PC!

@Fiach; yeah not all games are for everyone, and one person's opinion is just that - one opinion.  Many of us rated FC2 far higher than the general gamer population did (who cares what they think anyway  :-())

Art Blade

Quote from: Fiach on October 31, 2012, 02:53:03 AMAlpha Protocol [...] spring to mind, crucified in the press, but fans of them, love the heck out of them. :)

You tell me that now?  ??? and I ran the entire AP forum almost on my own  :'(
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on October 31, 2012, 10:34:08 AM
You tell me that now?  ??? and I ran the entire AP forum almost on my own  :'(

HUH?  ????

Art Blade

we have a full-blown Alpha Protocol board here  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳