WHO WOULD YOU SHOOT ON SITE ?

Started by RedRaven, April 21, 2009, 04:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

decided not to run this Question as a poll cos thought would be good to hear the reasons behind the choices. for me it has to be Warren Clyde. cant stand him, always try and kill him asap.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

phew... I thought you meant what member would you shoot... :P

I would shoot (and shot already a few times) Paul and Xianyong.. just don't like them.
Paul looks like a spoiled kid, and the notepad says he looks like a backpacker that just happens to be in Africa and I don't think a guy like this should have the status of a merc... its a disgrace to our guild!!
Xianyong is just an @$$hole with his attitude. Will kill him with my flamethower soon!!
Actually, I'm running out of buddies this playthrough as I'm shooting one by one after they give me their missions... there is a reward on this, you probably know ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I've killed everyone at one time or another, mostly for specific reasons and I don't regret any of them  (well.... the ladies excepted of course...)
:-*

DKM2

I only kill the one in the North because it has to be done and if my best buddy dies on a mission I replay it.
But otherwise, mercs with sunglasses  8) or disguised as water buffalo or both  :D , and anybody driving a Datsun.  >:(

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

spaceboy

Shoot nobody on site, do their missions first, then waste 'em.  No just kidding, first play through I saved everyone and reloaded if I had to.  (but I didn't know about the 6th buddy).

This time, I didn't let anyone die if I hadn't completed their missions, but they all passed during a fight and they didn't make it even with syringes (difference is I didn't reload this time).

I was left with Josip and Michele at Mike's when Rueben sent me there.  Guess what, I knew the mercs outside would get me eventually so quickly turned my MAC10 (i think) on the two of 'em before I got taken down.  So I left the North buddyless.  I'm going to see if I can get to the landing without a friend...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

RedRaven

Quote from: JRD on April 21, 2009, 06:40:28 AM
phew... I thought you meant what member would you shoot... :P

haha, i see how the title could be read that way, characters only.
Does NOBODY else detest Warren Clyde (the arogant, cocky little MF) ?
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

Yeah dke58, I do hate Warren too and I hate Paul and I hate Xionyong.

The nicest guys are easily Andre and Quarbani.  I was sad to see Quarbani bite the dust.  I still go back that save game and try to save him once in a while.  Damn Syrettes.

Art Blade

I wouldn't really want to kill any of them. But two characters were close to getting killed by me...

1) I killed Quarbani Singh once (he was designated rescue buddy). I did it because he "interfered" with an issue that I wanted to settle with a certain jeep driver who had run me over and Singh got in the line of fire... he died both of bullets and syrettes... all of which were mine. In a Vin Diesel voice: He died because no one survives who watches me kill someone...  :-* (hehe) Ok, I admit, I reloaded and hence kept Singh alive.

2) During my previous through Andre was my best buddy and used to get in my way so often and get shot by mercs so often (forcing me to reload missions) that I considered several times to kill him just to have some peace and quiet :) To keep him alive and out of my way, I became him in my current game. Also, when deciding which character to choose for my 2nd through, I thought he fitted best into the environment.

oh, and sorry for that, spaceboy...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Smith Lords

I don't like Quarbani. But I cried when Paul died. Good night, sweet prince...

:'(
      :(

RedRaven

how come you dislike Quarbani ?
Paul is cool, looks like mate of mine.
As for my dislike of Warren think its mostly his voice, same goes for Flora.
do find it interesting that UBISOFT seem to of tried to be Culturally/Ethnically/Theologically neutral with the characters.
Paul (jewsih); Quarbani & Hakim (muslim); Andre (voodou/catholic); Xianyong (Taoist); i am generalising a fair bit, and please nobody take offence at my musings, personally dont care where anyone is from, blood is red no matter what colour skin/choice of faith/place of birth. i like the fact that we got 9 characters from very different origins. much better than the typical characters that get created (certainly in RPG style games) that are almost always western european looking.   

Ricamundo

I've always tried to keep all of my buddies alive, except after I ran from the Landing Zone, i backtracked a bit and blew the hell out of a couple of them(cant remember names, ever) who were trying to chase me down.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

spaceboy

Quote from: dke58 on April 21, 2009, 11:39:25 PM
how come you dislike Quarbani ?
Paul is cool, looks like mate of mine.
As for my dislike of Warren think its mostly his voice, same goes for Flora.
do find it interesting that UBISOFT seem to of tried to be Culturally/Ethnically/Theologically neutral with the characters.
Paul (jewsih); Quarbani & Hakim (muslim); Andre (voodou/catholic); Xianyong (Taoist); i am generalising a fair bit, and please nobody take offence at my musings, personally dont care where anyone is from, blood is red no matter what colour skin/choice of faith/place of birth. i like the fact that we got 9 characters from very different origins. much better than the typical characters that get created (certainly in RPG style games) that are almost always western european looking.

cheers on that...gave you a +1 karma for it...well said

retiredgord

Quote from: spaceboy on April 21, 2009, 08:58:30 AM
Shoot nobody on site, do their missions first, then waste 'em.  No just kidding, first play through I saved everyone and reloaded if I had to.  (but I didn't know about the 6th buddy).

This time, I didn't let anyone die if I hadn't completed their missions, but they all passed during a fight and they didn't make it even with syringes (difference is I didn't reload this time).

I was left with Josip and Michele at Mike's when Rueben sent me there.  Guess what, I knew the mercs outside would get me eventually so quickly turned my MAC10 (i think) on the two of 'em before I got taken down.  So I left the North buddyless.  I'm going to see if I can get to the landing without a friend...
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

retiredgord

I gotta learn how to use the quote system.  I agree with spaceboy about no buddies at all...(endgame). I'm gonna try to dao the missions and then get rid ofall the aggage.  I hate having to go back and save thier hides as usually if I'm killed without one, I just start at last saved place.  Andre was the worst, he just hung and hung and hung around..then he was the first to turn (we all know when).  Shoot'em all I say.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

Quote from: retiredgord on April 29, 2009, 06:25:32 AM
Shoot'em all I say.

That's my basic policy this time around  ;D ;D

PS: To quote, just hit "quote" at the message you wish to quote. You'll see a text box with your quote already between brackets, like that

[ quote author=retiredgord link=topic=295.msg3685#msg3685 date=1241011532 ]

TEXT TO QUOTE

[ / quote]

After that last code, all you write will be your message and should be displyed on a different font size. Delete all unwanted text in the message if you are referring to a single sentence like I did with yours.
Hit preview to be sure it looks like you want...

Ta-da......  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

B33 ENN

I rescued Josip at the start but never really had any interaction with him until one of the first missions where he tried to get me to "persuade" someone to give false coordinates to some bad guys to do with my primary mission. I didn't get it, he didn't seem to be doing much, so why couldn't he do it while I went on the greater challenge to take them out? I declined his idea and so far, have never heard any more from him except for seeing him at Mike's all the time, looking for a free favour. Seems like he lives in there, and so I haven't had the chance to use him for target practice and put him outta his misery.  :-*

Flora was my first rescue buddy introduced at Mike's after talking to the journo. New to the game I had no idea what to expect. She saved my rear a few times, but generally, the way she talked and acted made me not really bond with her. Still, I was alone, and as we all know, it's a jungle out there...

Later, once I met Warren, she moved to being my best buddy. This is the point when things went sour. Everytime I got an assignment, she'd call minutes later and suggest an even more dangerous course of action from the mission. None of the suggestions seemed to be particularly useful or helpful to me, just appeared to be engineered in some way to forward her own political agenda. I figured I was just being used: at least the factions paid in cold hard diamonds for me risking my life. What was she offering? Okay, so she saved me 2 or 3 times, and I did owe her, I guess.

So I did a couple of her detours, but when I got the assignment to tag some gold, she came up with some scheme for me to kill some bigwig King and steal his ring and hand it over to playboy junior who thinks he's the saviour of his people. For a moment I figured, okay, secretly planning to pop both king and prince, but then thought better of it. What has all this got to do with Jackal boy? Which is why I'm out here, afterall.

I declined and then she got nasty, called me a "mendeho" or something! Later she said something about my mother. That was it...

I formulated a plan, I needed to get her out in the open. So I agreed to her next suggestion about meeting her to assist in blowing up some convoy after I did some other job.  Had to swim across a river and trek the cliffs in the middle of the night avoiding numerour mercs to reach her, and when I did, I got another rude message about being late as she couldn't do it alone. No harm, I figured it was the stress talking, but when I arrived... everything was on fire and she was nowhere in sight... I was there alone with a burning convoy, ready to be canned as the culprit by every merc in a klick of there, who probably heard the bang and could see the orange glow on the horizon.

I ran like the wind... had she set me up? I bided my time, until another mission at some junkyard when she called needing help. I got there, but didn't make my self known, hid and scouted for her... she had managed to do the job again but was under fire from some mercs. I sat back and watched in anticipation as these mercs might solve my problem for me, but no such luck. She could look after herself, give herr that much. I took out the sniper and lined her up. Not something I'm proud of, but instinct told me she was never on my side to begin with. Who am I after all, just another hired gun without a soul? Little do they know of Marty Alencar, ex-USMC, we have a code... 8)

It took 2 shots as she stumbled around after the first, not a pretty sight as a clear headshot wasn't available.

Warren Clyde replaced her, and he's much easier to get on with. Kinda makes me laugh, his immaturity and oeasy-going confidence, plus I'm in control with him, but I hope he doesn't try to cross me, for his own sake. Got a new rescue buddy which I saved from some downed plane. French girl, seems nice... so at the moment I'm cool with my two partners, don't plan to pop anymore - except maybe Jossip, simply because he's useless, never around or helpful, and always looks like he needs another drink just to finish a sentence. I'd be doing him a favour.

New guys on the scene, Singh and Ferenc. See how they w@&k out... ;)
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

PZ

Nice read, Nick  :-X  ;)

I too had a problem with Flora, and I recall her asking for my help at a train wreck to the east of PetroSahel.  This was the second half of one of the rail yard missions - I was to rush to her aid.  However, because she'd annoyed me for a reason that I now can't remember, I rushed to the wreck and just watched as the mercs did her in for me - must have been quite gratifying as I can still recall the incident.

Art Blade

indeed, good read there, Nick  :) :-X

Interesting for me given that I'm far away from my first playthrough now, how you see and judge things. I can relate to what you think and do. I guess that I never spent too much of a thought on any of those buddies, they were there and could die or live, I didn't much care after André annoyed me so much by getting into my way so often and it did annoy me very much that he wouldn't miss a single bullet aimed at his general direction. The only reason to do buddy missions is to get something else to do, have some fun, and during main missions, their offer hold an upgrade for your safehouse and its vehicle stationed there, for each side mission accomplished. Other than that, nothing. Today I just randomly do a mission for them or kill them.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on April 27, 2010, 12:18:19 PM
The only reason to do buddy missions is ... their offer hold an upgrade for your safehouse and its vehicle stationed there, for each side mission accomplished.

Yes, the upgrades are the only tangible game benefits you get from doing your buddies' missions.

I never came across this thread before, so let the record show that my candidate for a lead enema is Xianyong - he's a major anal pain. Last 'thru I played as him just so I wouldn't have to listen to him. Cool tats, though ;D

Fun read btw, Nick :-X

nexor

Nasreen irritates the living s@#t.. out of me,
she has an attitude second to none, gonna use her watermellons for target practice the next time I catch her in the open...... >:(

RedRaven

Art Blade

mir24

Quote from: RedRaven on April 21, 2009, 11:39:25 PM

Wouldn't shoot anyone on this site (unless they interfered with my hunting or short-changed me with diamonds)...  ;D They're all such luvverly people...  :P

Personally, I find all the characters very diverse when it comes to backgrounds, but almost identical when it comes to modus operandi. They're all out for themselves, they send me on crazy missions to retrieve items, sabotage stuff and assassinate people, and all for NO pay at all! Sigh... The people I have to w@&k with these days!

I always, without exception, kill off at least one buddy in Act One; simply because I want to get all the side missions for all 6 buddies in the north. And this can only happen if one of them dies. So I single out one buddy I dislike, finish him off (either during a buddy rescue mission as the main buddy or when he rescues me) and THEN rescue the sixth buddy.

As for buddy of choice... Warren's all right, if a bit cocky. I agree with the description of Paul though. Backpacker indeed! Xianyong's getting on my nerves at the moment, so I might decide to off him at the first chance I get.  :o Josip is probably one of the most "loveable" - a bit like a big teddy bear  ;D - and he has some funny lines "I support whole village back home".

By the way, Quarbani isn't Muslim. He's Sikh. You can tell by the surname (Singh) and his dastar (Sikh/Punjabi version of a turban). Nasreen could be Muslim as well, being Tajikistani. The rest are appropriately ambiguous - we can pretend they're green-skinned lizards underneath the skin for all we care! (If that helps ease one's conscience when pumpin' them full of lead)

Art Blade

QuoteRe: WHO WOULD YOU SHOOT ON SITE ?

Quote from: mir24 on June 17, 2010, 12:57:15 AM
Wouldn't shoot anyone on this site ...  ;D They're all such luvverly people...  :P

Excellent  ;D :-X

PZ

The cheapskate fool that is responsible for the BP oil spill  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳