Killzone Trilogy

Started by Jim di Griz, September 06, 2012, 03:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

I know that this is a PS3 exclusive title - but for those who enjoyed the Killzone games or have said console and are curious, it might be of interest.

Earlier this year, it was announced that the first Killzone game would get the HD treatment. However, that got pulled a short while later and nothing more was said.

Now it's back as part of the trilogy bundle that includes the MP DLC maps from KZ2 & KZ3 - all for &39.99 or £40.84 - pretty cheap when you consider that it's all three games plus DLC map packs.

Here is the US PlayStation blog link but a UK site also posted that PSN EU will be announcing it soon also: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...-october-23rd/

All at the end of next month.

Also KZHD will be available as a standalone download for those who have all the DLC for 2 and 3 but don't have KZ the original. This I see has been confirmed in the comments of the above.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Fiach

I still have KZ 1 on ps2, its pretty crap tbh, the other two are very good games though.

I notice you have alice TMR in your sig jim, its a very good game, its a shame it got such bad reviews.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Jim di Griz

True Fiach - I've yet to play the Alice game but my lady has and I tend to spectate - looked good. I sometimes wonder about bad reviews and what the reviewers were expecting.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

mmosu

KZ1 in HD will be cool.  I'm gonna make a rare divergence from Fiachs opinion and go on record as saying that I personally really liked it :-X.  #2 & 3 were good too, and really good MP for both - they were just simply part of a different generation of games than the first.

Fiach

Different strokes mate :) Dunno why I felt it was crap (I did buy the sequels after all :)), i just seem to feel that compared to other shooters at the time it was pretty meh, the constant fog didnt help I guess.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

mmosu

For me I think it was just the right game at the right time.  I agree that there were facets of it that were less than outstanding, but what really sang to me was the feeling I got that I was part of the desperate defense effort to repell a massive, blitzkrieg style invasion, and that there were similar battles playing out all over the planet, as made evident by distant smoke, explosions, and artillery fire seen in the sky.  It was one of the first shooters that ever really gave me that feeling  :-X 
Plus I played it over a long weekend when my wife was out of town on business, so I experienced it in one continuous shot with little interruption - in fact I'm pretty sure I barely left the house for 3 days  :laugh:

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳