Sinper: Ghost Warrior 2

Started by JRD, August 30, 2012, 05:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I didn't see Art posting about it so I thought I'd post it myself!  ;D

Key features:

Diverse Gameplay

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 takes all the breathless anticipation, precise controls and skillful fun of sniping and mixes it with stealth and silent elimination play, action scenes, a co-operative move playbook
    Night vision and thermo vision goggles to use in limited visibility situations
    Vehicle sections are a new addition to the Sniper series
    Multiple and varied locations including urban, jungle and mountain environments

THE Authentic, Modern Sniper Experience

Realistic ballistics take into account the player's location, wind speed and direction, breathing rate and distance from the target
    Snipers do not fight alone in the real world and nor do they in Sniper 2. Working with your spotter is key
    All environments are based on real-world locations
    An array of faithfully recreated weapons are at your disposal, including six sniper rifles, three assault rifles, heavy machine guns, and more

More Skill, More Rewards

Silent kills allow for quiet enemy elimination and successful execution sees the player rewarded with a brutal kill animation
    Bullet cam shows particularly successful hits

Innovation & Technology

Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is built on CryEngine3, the most advanced multi-platform development tool for current-generation consoles and for PC
    New equipment for stealth gameplay
    Multiplayer modes designed especially for sniper duels.
    Epic story crafted by acclaimed writers
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mmosu

Nice, that's already out?!

"What goes through my mind when I pull the trigger?  One shot, one kill."
"What goes through my targets mind? . . . My bullet"  >:D

mmosu

Nevermind, just found our favorite phrase:

"Delayed until 2013"

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

2013 is going to be a year full of good games :-D >:D 8)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

This looks great! I love sniper games.  :-X

JRD

You did play the original S:GW didn't you, PZ? If I remember correctly Art convinced you to get it on a sale sometime ago!!

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

Just hope GW2 will be better than GW, I got bored about halfway through the game so I uninstalled it, for a sniper game there wasn't much sniping to do, gave me the impression that the devs ran out of ideas, but then again that's just my impression   :-\\

JRD

If I was to create a sniper game I'd have the player to get to the sniping point, then interacting with the spotter during the mission and then getting out of the situation once you give your position away.

I haven't played GW1 but from what I got out of Art's impressions is pretty much a nice game! GW2 should be pretty much the same with better graphics!  :-X

PZ

Yes, it was a good game, but these images look lots better than GW2.  There was another sniper game that I actually enjoyed more: Sniper Elite V2. - lots of sniper action in that one.  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: nexor on September 02, 2012, 03:27:12 PMfor a sniper game there wasn't much sniping to do

Agree. I already got a little upset when I had to play the first mission without a sniper rifle and nearly got angry when the next missions without sniper rifle came up. WTF, what does riding on the back of a truck shooting pursuing enemies with a mounted MG have to do with a sniper game?!  :D

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on September 03, 2012, 08:16:06 AM
what does riding on the back of a truck shooting pursuing enemies with a mounted MG have to do with a sniper game?!  :D

Call it lack of imagination or easy satisfaction for adrenalyn thirsty teenagers, truth is, that's a standard mission in any linear shooter game.  :D

Art Blade

yes, I did (hate) quite a few of those. :angry-new:

JRD

And that's one of the reasons why I don't really like linear shooters like MW series. The first time you get to play a mission like this might be quite challenging and satisfying but second time around is just boring. You just memorize where enemies are coming from and shoot them in the exact same sequence the devs want you to, over and over.  :D

No, thanks, I prefer being surrounded by God knows how many enemies, coming from all quadrants, low on ammo with a rusty, trusty machete to wreck havoc and strike fear into the enemy's heart in as many ways as my twisted mind can imagine!  >:D

PZ

Quote from: JRD on September 03, 2012, 04:22:16 PM
No, thanks, I prefer being surrounded by God knows how many enemies, coming from all quadrants, low on ammo with a rusty, trusty machete to wreck havoc and strike fear into the enemy's heart in as many ways as my twisted mind can imagine!  >:D

:laugh: spoken like a true FC2 aficionado!

Art Blade

fragger

JRD

Tags:
🡱 🡳