Smite Closed Beta Review

Started by gunnerwolf, August 15, 2012, 04:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunnerwolf

OKay I managed to get into another closed beta!

This time it's for Hi-Rez's take on the MOBA gameplay, similar to League of Legends or Defence of the Ancients, only from a more in the action perspective (Behind the character 3rd person rather than birds eye view)

I will follow the same layout as i did with my End of Nations Review, although this Beta is not a series of beta events, rather 1 long beta with occasional updates, so it's just like playing a released game, except harder to get in.

I presume this will be better than my last review for 2 reasons:
1) I have watched others play this in depth and it seems very good
2) I love League Of Legends  ^-^

So here's where I copied and pasted the layout from my other beta review  :angel:

Here it is:

General Gameplay (8/10)
Great Game, good GUI, Good idea if not totally original. Love it.

Graphics (10/10)
Whilst the graphics may not be ultra realistic, they are mid end computer friendly, and still look amazing, great detail, awesome background drops that turn out to be the enemies base! I LOVE the graphics of this game.

Playability (8/10)
The characters balance well, the skills and items balance well. The game is based around gods of Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Chinese and Hindu Mythology. You begin with 5 gods free on your character, Ra, Egyptian Sun God, Ymir, Norse Ice god, Kali, Hindi god of destruction, Sun Wukong, Chinese god of monkeys and Artemis, Greek god of the hunt. Because when choosing gods, one team may not have more than one of the same god, and teams are made of 5 players, giving 5 starting gods ensures you can choose a god every time. Also they 5 gods use very different play styles and tactics, and are all from separate pantheons so you get a broad choice of play styles.

Online Interactions (9/10)
While many of the players are new to the game, with guidance from the more experienced players on the team, Coordination can help win the game, voice chat is not currently added although I believe it is planned, and both team and all chat are available.

Online Networking (7/10)
The longest I have had to wait for a game is 7 seconds. Normally this would merit a 10/10 BUT! If you join the queue for a game, then when a game is found you decline (Maybe need a couple more seconds to do what you wanna do) or you idle too long in a match (Not sure of the exact time) You receive a 10 minute deserter penalty. This means you may not partake in online matches for 10 minutes. Leaving your only option as offline bot matches (These still require internet as you must login to play the game at all) where no other players are involved, just you and bots. While this is not as harsh as League of Legends temporary bans for repeated desertion, the offence does not have to be repeated on Smite and you will receive the penalty for declining a game while in the queue also.

Variety (7/10)
While there are many gods in the 5 pantheons currently used, and not all of these have been added yet. It does still limit them to how many gods they can have. I believe they wish to keep an equal amount of gods from each pantheon. This means that they must develop gods in packs of 5, 10, 15 ect. It also means they are restricted by their weakest member, once they use all of the gods from the pantheon with the least gods, they may add no more gods without unbalancing the pantheons.

Final Score (9/10)
I strongly recommend this game and even prefer it to League of Legends as it uses a more in the action view point than birds eye.

I will replace the "-" with a rating and the "<Description>" with a description when I have sufficient information to do so.

Hope you all look forward to this.

Take care.

P.S Random fact: Every time I have typed review on this forum, I have put an f before it accidentally. EVERY TIME.
Openworldgames is my trash heap, but instead of trash it's filled with closed beta reviews, and instead of a heap it's just 2, on the floor, forever alone together.

Art Blade

Quote from: gunnerwolf on August 15, 2012, 04:44:45 PMP.S Random fact: Every time I have typed review on this forum, I have put an f before it accidentally. EVERY TIME.

:laugh:

keep it coming, mate :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:laugh:  Hope that's not an indication of the "grade" the game earns!

gunnerwolf

Openworldgames is my trash heap, but instead of trash it's filled with closed beta reviews, and instead of a heap it's just 2, on the floor, forever alone together.

PZ

:-X

like your signature  ;)

... and your title  >:D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

gunnerwolf

Quote from: PZ on August 19, 2012, 09:20:17 PM
:-X

like your signature  ;)

... and your title  >:D
Yeah i don't seem to remember adding "Mr. Beta Test-O-Sterone"

PZ

Art Blade

gunnerwolf

Quote from: Art Blade on August 21, 2012, 10:26:36 AM
'twas me  ^-^
I feel honoured.. although, I only made 2 beta reviews :P

Art Blade

gunnerwolf

So uh.. If I never make another beta review here will I be shunned by the community? and if i continue will I be famed among the community?

PZ

Everyone is famed in our community in our eyes, and there are no expectations except to have fun interacting with all the fine chaps on the forum.  ;)

Art Blade

..and no one will be shunned here.

Well, shot, perhaps, but not shunned.  :-D

JRD

Have you been feeding Dogzilla, by the way?! I haven't... I guess the poor devil must be hungry!  :-() >:D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

I hand-fed Dogzilla. I still have one hand left...

Our motto here is "Shun nobody" - as long as they do as they're told \:/

PZ

Art Blade

:-D

I keep feeding Dogzilla our nurses when they grow old. Like, 20+ years old.

Tags:
🡱 🡳