WHO ARE YOU ?

Started by RedRaven, April 21, 2009, 04:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which character do you prefer to play as ? please vote for your favourite as it will affect order for which quick-start saves get done

ANDRE HYPOLITE
2 (8.3%)
FRANK BUILDERS
0 (0%)
HAKIM ECHEBBI
0 (0%)
JOSIP INDROMENO
5 (20.8%)
MARTY ALENCAR
10 (41.7%)
PAUL FERENC
2 (8.3%)
QUARBANI SINGH
2 (8.3%)
WARREN CLYDE
1 (4.2%)
XIANYONG BAI
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

RedRaven

Personally prefer Marty, Hakim and Josip.
What about You ?
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Played with my prefered character (Frank) on my first through. Now as Josip cos I wanted to meet Frank and see how he looks like.
Next time will play as Paul or Xianyong cos I don't like them and playing as one I don't have to see him ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

DKM2

I've never played anyone but Marty so I've never done his missions either,
but you make a good point, play someone you don't really like.

Begs the question though, does a different character have different abilities?
Like more stamina, accuracy, etc.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

I like to play them all just so I see everyone's face from time to time.  So far, I'm still working my way down the list of names.

JRD

Quote from: DKM2 on April 21, 2009, 07:19:54 AM

Begs the question though, does a different character have different abilities?
Like more stamina, accuracy, etc.

No, nothing at all... which is a pitty, I always think there could be a small difference to justify your choice...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

also played a little with each to see if any differences between them, at least expected Frank to run slower with his dodgy cyber-leg !. have noticed that each character has own story tho, by that i mean when ever you see a buddy to subvert a main mission they have own reason / story as to why you should do it their way, all amounts to same outcome but nice touch i thought.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Fascinating, I thought that I noticed a difference in story line, but thought that I was probably just imagining things with my failing memory and all... ;)

Art Blade

"of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most!" - I think I understand you, PZ, hehehe
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

hahaha, I love poignant quotes! -- good one Art!

RedRaven

please forgive my momentary lapse in memory but who are you quoting Art?
that phrase is very familiar but cant for life of me place it.

Art Blade

No idea, I picked it up long ago and never knew.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

according to quick google search its either Mark Twain or Ozzy Osbourne !!!
Mark Twain sounds about right,

Art Blade

I know Mark Twain once said that there was nothing easier than to quit smoking. He claimed to have managed a hundred times.

PZ

Yes, I believe both statements are consistent with what Samuel Clemens would say...

Fiach

I played as Marty, I would use anyone apart from Frank as he is too cool not to meet :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Ricamundo

I couldnt really chose one, because i'm playing them all thru, but this begs the question;why can't you select one of the females?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

simple reason: hands and arms.

The devs would have needed to do 80+ healing sequences, all weapon reload and idle sequences, driving etc with a set of female arms and hands... too little time for that.

RedRaven

makes sense, anyway its nice to meet / rescue them (gets a bit to real when they turn round and betray you !
on first play thru it was Nasreen leading them against me, proper suprised as had no ideal what so ever it was going to happen !)

has anyone played it thru killing / ignoring buddies and working more for the factions ?
might have to tyr that approach to complete it and see what happens.

PZ

**SPOILER**

I've not done that (might try it next time though - sounds interesting).  However, I have killed all but one of my buddies in the north and when I took the diamond briefcase at the Landing Zone near the end of the game, only that buddy was there to try to gun me down.

Quite ironic actually, behave like a cad, killing or letting your buddies die gets you an easy time of it at the end of the game.  On the other hand, do your best to do the "right thing" and save all your buddies, and you'll have a heck of a time escaping the LZ alive.

Art Blade

my second savegame you can download here is about what PZ said, every northern buddy killed but one (couldn't kill her). going to kill the rest of the mates in the south too  ;D ;D ;D

DKM2

I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night.
Although I have taken the form of DKM2, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.

Improvised a little....
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

KingRat

Quote from: DKM2 on June 02, 2009, 05:59:10 AM
I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night.
Although I have taken the form of DKM2, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.

Improvised a little....

"We've had to endure much, you and I, but soon there will be order again. A new age. Aquinas spoke of the mythical city on the hill, soon that city will be a reality and we will be crowned its kings. Or, better than kings... gods!"

As the intro screen faded to black and I heard Page say ' Or, better than kings... gods!' the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I thought 'what am I in for?'  :)

Art Blade

sounds cool... I was impressed by the intro of Oblivion (ElderScrollsIV). Can't quote it, though

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on June 02, 2009, 11:04:49 AM
sounds cool... I was impressed by the intro of Oblivion (ElderScrollsIV). Can't quote it, though

Maybe it's on wikiquote? Here is the Deus Ex one I just quoted> http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Deus_Ex
:)

RedRaven

just remember guys

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

Tags:
🡱 🡳