Path of Exile

Started by Fiach, August 03, 2012, 05:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

I've been playing Path of Exile beta http://www.pathofexile.com/.
Path of Exile is an independent online isometric view diablo-esque RPG.

It takes alot of balls to make a game like this and also release it so close to Diablo 3 and right beside Torchlight 2, both of which are games that are the standards by which this genre are judged.

Oh, by the way....its FREE!

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

So, it looks way better than D3 and Torchlight 2 and it plays the same way, mouse click movement, right click for spells etc. Even the quest log panels are similar to Diablo 2.

I havent played Diablo 3, but I think that generally people are disappointed with it being dumbed down so much, PoE is more like Diablo 2, which is a good thing and it eschews the cartoony gfx of Torchlight 2, which to me is also a good thing, so if you are into this genre, this game should be on your radar.

I've been playing closed beta on and off for a month or so, I even paid $10 to support the company via paypal which entitles me to keep playing beta, but I would emphasize the game will release as a free to download and play game.

The company will have a micro transaction shop, but the items will not give a game advantage, they will be cosmetic items, like pets, dyes etc.

Keep an eye out for its next beta phase, its a pretty awesome looking game when you compare it to what the big companies are churning out and its much better to play as well from what I can gather from people that have played it and its competition.

The next big beta is sometime in august, mid august I think.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

fragger

Nice to see a freebie that isn't an unplayable drecky eyesore :-X

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳