Gotye adaption

Started by Jim di Griz, June 30, 2012, 08:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

I wasn't sure what I was seeing/hearing when I first started watching this. Gotye are a great band but I've only heard the track a few times - then the lyrics began to get through...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJlbPXZEpRE&feature=player_embedded#!

They must really hate George Lucas as much as Kevin Smith or Simon Pegg do  :)

EDIT: just seen that there is a Star Wars tube thread - should I add mine to that one and delete this?
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

I think this adaption deserves its own topic. Good one :) :-X

The Gotye original was so damn turned-too-many-times that it started to lose its beauty to me, but there have been made a lot of adaptions I think. At least there was a topic on the radio that showed various versions of it.  :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

own topic is OK :)

what never ceases to amaze me is what people out there (YT) are doing :laugh: :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

I'd skipped over this for a while because the source material has been so over used in gags and memes but I'm glad I checked it out because it made me bust a gut.  :laugh:

I'm something like 10 years into the online game RuneScape (RS) which has been on a serious downwards spiral for the last 5 or 6 years.  The developers for RS keep releasing new games that rapidly crap out (snake eyes) and rather than waste all that expense on development for losers they keep trying to patch bits and pieces back into the one success they've had.

Most recently the RS developers have presented a 2-month running Beta that is a "cast in iron coming update" for a complete rework of the game's combat mechanics (as well as the underlying theory) that will be released into the entire game community in September.  From everything I've been able to find out about it's quite the nightmare.  Laggy Java based gaming through an sketchy internet connection (at best) -VS- an all new overly frenetic combat control console with a high requirement of quick twitch tweaking to adapt attacks and defenses as insanely powerful high level monsters (who don't have the lag disadvantage of the players) that rapidly change their attack methods in an attempt to rip the player's heads off so they can defecate in their helmets.

The developers have openly chosen to create new content based on their egos over the concepts that have made RS successful and loved by the core community. 

Currently about 9 players out of 10 of the Beta testers are asking "Why are you doing this to us?".  ???

The game developers response has been what amounts to "Get used to it.  This is how it's gong to be now."  As near as I can make out this update will hit the RS game community like an F5 Tornado that has in rapid succession plowed through several major molasses storage tanks, an industrial chicken farm and a sizable city's raw sewage treatment reservoir.

Dissenting voices are ignored in an organization that is so deeply locked into a "Yes Speak" culture.  I've seen it over and over they are incapable of hearing anything that is outside of the direct Point A to Point B path they have selected.  :(

Thanks for posting that Jim.  :-X  Sorry though, I had to watch this three times to hear the witty lyrics the vid makers had used instead of inserting my own lyrics in my head for something called "Just Some RuneScape That I Used to Know".  :-\\
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Jim di Griz

No probs mandru - I think people keep making these kind of comment vids because Lucas absolutely refuses to listen or accept that he could be wrong - which doesn't look good for you Runescape players. Hard to believe in view of how people took to the modifications around Star Wars that anyone (or group) would be so vain as to make the same kind of mistake again.

If nothing else, I hope the lyrics in your head the first two times were at least therapeutic  :)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

mandru

::) Cathartic.

I walked away from here and straight into this:

http://www.dump.com/gotyesomebody/
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Jim di Griz

Sounds like the whole history of metal music styles from progressive right through until now - just missing the Death and Thrash or Speed metal elements there for a complete encyclopedia  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳