Star Thunder (tentative title)

Started by Jim di Griz, June 17, 2012, 05:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

This is another Gaijin development that was announced a few months ago...as if they haven't got enough to be working on with all thoe other games - I think they're trying for world gaming domination  ;)

What caught my eye about this one was the cross-genre aspect. I'm not sure if it'll be a flight sim too but it is a WWII science fiction game. Watch the trailer is all I can say.

Space Thunder in development

Shame it was only 33 seconds long - hopefully more to follow. I enjoyed They Came from the Skies an old PS2 game I found in the bargain bins once...
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Wow - looks like WWII meets the movie Independence Day!

Art Blade

Haha, you hit that nail square on the head! :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

:) indeed, with a touch of District 9 thrown in for looks. I have some more background info knocking about somewhere, so I'll post that when I find it.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

PZ

Jim di Griz

Found that background info posted on GirlGamer UK from a press release:

Quote"...Huge experience in developing flight simulation games and high technological potential of our primary title War Thunder inspired us to actually reach for the stars together with our partners from Star Gem, Inc" Anton Yudintsev, the President of Gaijin Entertainment says. "Even at this early stage of development we are 100% sure that we have both unique setting and innovative gameplay system".

Star Thunder's genre is defined as space-and-air combat MMO action. The game will feature several competitive PvP-modes, original co-op mode missions and also a singleplayer story mode that's designed to introduce players to the universe of Star Thunder. This campaign, working title of which is "The Trinity Chronicles" starts in 1945 when a nuclear bomb test caused a resonating distortion of space-time continuum that instantly moved the whole solar system to a remote galaxy and into the distant future, the 48th century.

Desperately suffering from lack of essential resources the Precursors – the dominant race in the world of the future – without hesitation decide to conquer all the surprisingly appeared planets and start their advance with invasion to the third planet from the Sun. Meanwhile the fire of World War 2 is still hot on the Earth; military sciences as well as combat readiness is at their peak, and the League of Nations unites powers to fight the new global enemy.

Avoiding risk of destroying the whole planet with main caliber [guns], the Precursors start their invasion with smaller units. They send their cruisers to the largest metropolises of Europe, America and Asia knowing little about how their engines will w@&k in terrestrial conditions and what a rousing welcome they will meet..."

Okay, the premise is very shoddily put together but I'm not going to let that spoil the impending fun. The link below leads to the same info on GGUK but has two screenies for us.

Girlgamer UK article

Art Blade

out of curiosity I checked the GAIJIN homepage - "Game Info: This is April Fool's Joke!"

http://gaijin.ru/en/games/starthunder/

I reckon that explains why there hasn't been any news.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳