Operations grounded due to bad weather

Started by B33 ENN, June 14, 2012, 05:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B33 ENN

Seriously, for the first time in my gaming history I've had to quit a planned gaming session after hours battling bad weather in-game!  :laugh:

It all started well earlier in the evening, I thought I'd do some nice easy low level flying - inspired by PZ's idea of discovering places from the air from another thread - and the weather turned inclement. Lightning took out my plane. :o

Nevermind I thought, as I reloaded... Further in, the weather continued and again I was struck by lightning, this time parachuting to safety and calling for an extraction.  :angel:

Roughly two nights had passed in game time. Third time lucky, I figured, even though lightning had technically struck twice. This time I did some ground assaults as I waited for the weather to subside.  8)

When things looked clear, I took off and moments later the gray clouds appeared...  :lamp: This time as the thunder storm was building, I decided to climb high  and see if I could break cloud cover and ride out the storm from above. From up there the ground below looked clear, but every time I popped under the storm continued...  :angry-new:

I finally gave in and quit the game, hoping a reload would change my luck... Nope, the weather returned.  :D I gave in baffled, as I pondered what dark forces were at w@&k to make the weather in Panau mimic the British summer so closely?  >:((
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

PZ

By any chance are you in an area near an island in the northwest section of the map?  Not wanting to give away any of the plot, there are ominous forces at play in that area of the map and electrical storms are the norm.

Also, just in case you play through again and want an easy way out, I flew over each location on the map so that you can extract easily to anywhere in Panau.  I believe i just did enough of the main story line to enter the open world aspect of the game.  The PC save at 4% can be found here in our downloads.

B33 ENN

Indeed, I did fly close to an island in the extreme north. After that the weather went crazy and I was struck down the first time. Subsequently, I was back at the central parts of the map, but the weather continued, so something strange was going on  ????

Oh and thanks for the save file link. I think at the moment I'm enjoying discovering the game as I go, but on a future playthrough, that file will be a great way to start!  :-X

PZ

B33 ENN

Indeed, Panau has been sunny with intermittent cloud today, so all systems go! Taken down a few Baby Panay statues and killedc a few Colonels before dinner!  :-D

Started adding a few mods too... Mainly Black Market ones to cut the prices down and increase the item list, and remove the cut scenes.

PZ

Quote from: B33 ENN on June 15, 2012, 02:25:49 PM
Started adding a few mods too... Mainly Black Market ones to cut the prices down and increase the item list, and remove the cut scenes.

Warning!  modding games can be quite addictive, bot oh so satisfying  :-()

B33 ENN

>:D Oh indeed, I'm very interested in the Can't Stop the Factions one (previously called Faction helicopters):

http://justcause2mods.com/mods/other/Gameplay/Cant-stop-the-factions/

PZ

Yes, that is one of my all time favorites - when you enter a faction helo (they are the proper colors for the factions), you have a guy riding shotgun and he hangs out of the door shooting at people - hilarious!

Tags:
🡱 🡳